Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Need a portable CO2 meter, suggestions?

What's the best value in a portable meter that will show me the CO2 concentration in PPM? I don't need the full-on 5 sensor VOC meter, just one for CO2 only. Does Fluke make any such thing?

Post Likes
    mr moneybags, what about this?

http://www.trutechtools.com/Portable...er_p_1482.html

this is what I use, never had a issue

http://www.zoro.com/uei-test-instrum...20/i/G4260392/

3. Likes rjk_cmh liked this post.
    Post Likes
    you have to be carefull, a lot of the ones on market are just sniffers in a sense, this you can place into a flue pipe etc, use in other ways, read the manual, the UEI im referring to

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TBrazin View Post
    The extech looks good, I'm just looking for something that I can give to an uninformed user to use, hopefully with just one button: ON/OFF and nothing else to confuse them. Then they can tell me the numbers on the screen and we go from there. That's why I don't need any other functions.

Post Likes
    look at the price difference from Grainger and Zoro, how does Grainger stay in business? I don't know if you have them by you, but there's a few up my way, and there LARGE stores, with a few employees, but there prices are to outrageous, go look, its almost criminal, but yet they strive and do business somehow? lol

http://www.grainger.com/product/15U8...150429211024:s

Post Likes
    you can ust about buy 2 from Zoro....and if you said you wanted 2 they just might make it happen, UNREAL.,,.,.,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rjk_cmh View Post
    The extech looks good, I'm just looking for something that I can give to an uninformed user to use, hopefully with just one button: ON/OFF and nothing else to confuse them. Then they can tell me the numbers on the screen and we go from there. That's why I don't need any other functions.
    Gotcha if I come cross something, as i'm a tool monger!!! as you see, ill let you know

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TBrazin View Post
    look at the price difference from Grainger and Zoro, how does Grainger stay in business? I don't know if you have them by you, but there's a few up my way, and there LARGE stores, with a few employees, but there prices are to outrageous, go look, its almost criminal, but yet they strive and do business somehow? lol

http://www.grainger.com/product/15U8...150429211024:s
    If you have an account its different pricing.
    If your looking for something portable google a brand CO Experts(small plane owners use them).Honeywell did make a good one

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy1949 View Post
    If you have an account its different pricing.
    If your looking for something portable google a brand CO Experts(small plane owners use them).Honeywell did make a good one
    Thanks, but they make CO meters, not CO2 meters. Carbon DIoxide

Post Likes
    I have a account and yes the price is lower than that advertised, but there off the charts still with power tools etc, I shop thee for impossible to find items, like this aluminum handtruck, that fold's/breaks down to smaller than small, very compact, great for when working in building going from room to room to work on ceiling units and such,175$ carry's tool bag filters/parts, you can setup bungees on the folder hand truck easily, they have hooks to do so, great tool!!! they have cheaper models under 100$ look the same, but when you hold the 2 in your hands, this is worth the extra hundo......for sure, EVERY mechanic doing commercial work should have at least 1 on his/her truck, I have 2, after 5 years a wheel on the right side is a lil wobbly.so yes THEY ARE TUFF AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...ial%2BHandling

A COMERCIAL TECH MUST HAVE ITEM!!!!!

Post Likes
    The Extech is a good, low-cost unit, but if you're going to go down that path you should know that several companies sell the same model in a different color plastic case. Prices can vary by $200 for the same item. If you're a value shopper, you can save a bit of money.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bristolroad View Post
    The Extech is a good, low-cost unit, but if you're going to go down that path you should know that several companies sell the same model in a different color plastic case. Prices can vary by $200 for the same item. If you're a value shopper, you can save a bit of money.
    I was noticing that quite a few of those meters looked exactly the same, and assumed that was the case.

The closest I have found to a simple, one-button unit is this:

http://www.co2meter.com/collections/...ampling-sensor

It seems like it's meant for connecting to vessels, but I'm pretty sure it would work in free air as well.

Post Likes
    did you see the price of that unit??? what poster meant above on extech if you go on , let's say amazon , and do a search for co2 meters, ALOT of meters will pop up, and like he said the same as the extech, just different colors, a lot of these guys get a connect in china, and have them rebadge unit, even change color, they do it for free on some site, when I had a retail hobby shop I became aware of this practice, in other words if you look a lil deeper you'll find that extech for 50-100$ tops im sure, different color or not, but same meter, look at the instructions, always a dead give away, LOL...I personally run with Testo, Imperial, UEI, Fluke, etc...for many more reasons......but for what ur looking for , why not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast