Post Likes

BASRTP-B Portable Router Alerton

Trying to get this router to work on my laptop. Does anybody know what all the settings are suppose to be for the configuration ? On my job I have the Enable Bacnet Protocol checked.

Post Likes
    Are you using Compass, ABS or Envision? It is very different in Compass.

A little more info will direct me how to help and I would be glad to.

Post Likes
    It is Envision I did get it to work today. Your IP address for your computer and Envision need to be the same and the field service tool needs to be one number off. So with Compass it is a lot different ? Are there different directions somewhere for this tool ?

Post Likes
    There are incomplete instructions. They don't specifically tell you how to connect with any device rather a general instruction sheet that leaves out a lot of information.

The Envision side is similar to what you are doing now, but then in Compass you have to configure the Niagara side for any of your displays to work. You MUST use BACnet IP and You either have to use a BBMD or a second IP address assigned to the network card in your computer for any displays to work. That includes Device Properties and all of the standard displays.

Oh, btw, there is a known bug when using F12 when in the Device Manager and using the subsequent Device Templates and Displays, like AV and BV screens. If you have a Microset attached, then it causes the Microset to continually reboot and give random values. This means that you have to create your own Device Properties Templates.

We have gone back to ABS 3.1 until we get Compass figured out and it is more stable.

Regards!

Post Likes
    Alerton/Tridium making it easy since 1987.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    Does anyone know the setting for Contemporary control BASRTP to replace the FST-100 router?

7. Likes bigguy158 liked this post
    Post Likes
    on envision I generally set mine up for bacnet/ethernet and plug my router in and get to work. If you plan to program controllers than you need to match your network number on the router to the job you are working on. Now for compass its a whole diffrent ballgame as was mentioned to get it working

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gan View Post
    on envision I generally set mine up for bacnet/ethernet and plug my router in and get to work. If you plan to program controllers than you need to match your network number on the router to the job you are working on. Now for compass its a whole diffrent ballgame as was mentioned to get it working
    Hai Gan,

I am using Envision for BacTalk software. Is there any option to choose or set the IP address?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dzulfadli88 View Post
    Hai Gan,

I am using Envision for BacTalk software. Is there any option to choose or set the IP address?
    Just login to the configuration page of the BASRTP-B using its IP and a web browser.

Post Likes
    Hye reckless,
    Already done that but still the basrtp router did not appear in device manager. Even, after scan the for device scan still not exist the router in the table.

Is there any setup to be adjusted in the Envision software before connecting the basrtp router?

Post Likes
    Try configuring Envision to use BACnet/IP. To do this go to General System Setup > Network.
    Uncheck Enable BACnet Protocol and check Enable Annex J BACnet/IP,
    Click the Settings button.
    Select Use Local IP address.
    Enter your computers Local IP and Subnet mask. Click OK, OK
    Restart EBT.
    Now do a device scan and see.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post
    Try configuring Envision to use BACnet/IP. To do this go to General System Setup > Network.
    Restart EBT.
    Hye reckless, I will try it. Thanks for your support.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post
    Restart EBT.
    that should do it, I have seen some routers only work in annex j and others work via bacnet/ethernet.