+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Air to Water Machines/Greenhouse/Heat transfer and many more questions.

Post Likes

Air to Water Machines/Greenhouse/Heat transfer and many more questions.

Hi Everyone,
    I am new to this forum and to be honest I am a sales guy with no knowledge of these types of things, However, as most of you know the water crisis in California is starting to get serious and the government and especially the agriculture business are wanting to find sustainable solutions. I am involved with a company that manufactures air to water machines, and with this project, there are many questions that need to be answered. One of them would be heat transfer. If we use our air to water machines to pull in the warm humid air inside the greenhouse, we would want to vent the cold air produced, but we need the air to be CO2 rich air rather than O2. Can anyone shed light on this? Also i have a docs and other questions from the guy in California putting this all together, Any mechanical engineers out there that can help?

Mark

Post Likes
    So basically an industrial dehumidifier, at times the unit would use the reheat cycle back in the space, when interior too warm reject to outside or maybe a ground loop. Seems like a lot of KWs for water.

Post Likes
    Yes, we need to control the environment on the inside of the greeenhouse by using the cool air that is produced from the air to water machine. Our machines use around 16-18 kw per hour to create water, but when there isn't any water in the future of California agriculture it's the price to pay....ground loop. Can you elaborate on how a ground loop works?

Post Likes
    ground loops are piping trenched or drilled into the ground that could be used to dump extra heat from the refrigeration cycle instead of a air condenser that sits outside. Otherwise if you could find another process to use this waste heat as in heating water for?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in