+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LED Tape Light Options

Post Likes

LED Tape Light Options

I am looking at LED tape lights for undercabinet lighting in the kitchen. There seem to be a ton of companies at price ranges from $10 to $200 for a 16ft roll. Obviously, the cheap ones are cheap for a reason. $200 per roll is too much for us. I can use a referral for a mid range, high quality product. From there, I can find the rails, wires, drivers, diffusers, etc... to finish the setup.

Bonus question. What temperature range do you prefer for undercounter lighting?

Dan

Post Likes
    Haven't used the stuff for undercounter lighting per se, but I bought a cheap ($15) roll on Amazon and installed it in my work van.

After 6 months, every strip still works, so that attests to durability beyond anything a kitchen will see in a lifetime.

I plan on installing some in a pantry type storage room in my basement when I build it and have considered doing the same with a under cabinet system similar to what you describe.

3. Likes DanM liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I just bought an 8' from HD and installed yesterday in my pantry. 5' vertical and 3' across the top.. bought (2) 6' channels to mount them in. they work mint. fished a wire up the wall to a switch to power an outlet in the basement that the transformer plugs into. about $70 for the kit and channels. now I am thinking about doing all the closets. my only hangup it that there is a 2 second delay from switch activation. it may be because I am dropping inlet power to the transformer instead of outlet power...

Post Likes
    I have superbrightleds I installed on my boat and am happy with the product
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in