+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming to an HVAC&R parts house near you

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    I may reap the rewards of its energy saving properties now that it's had many months to mix...

err...somethin'
    Curious to see the results We need a code word for the stuff as to prevent another thread getting shutdown...maybe "Operation Sucker"

2. Likes VTP99, HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post
    Curious to see the results We need a code word for the stuff as to prevent another thread getting shutdown...maybe "Operation Sucker"
    Me too, probably wont change much... I'll figure out a code title. Probably a little less self-insulting than what you suggested

It'll have to be in a locked forum or maybe ARP-The Cage. hahahhaahaha
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    The ARP-The Cage is probably a good place for it. I am afraid of stepping into there. There are a few members I have never heard of that literally just live in their! Pulled up some of their stats and I wonder if they ever actually get out of the house and work in our trade? Thousands of post, but many of them have never contributed any thing for the better good of our trade or this site.
    Nothing against it, I am a politically minded person, but there is one things I have learned in life.....RARELY bring up religion or politics! In the past we have had some family gatherings turn pretty ugly real quick.
    So if two opposing views between brothers and sisters can't be settled face to face in the flesh, what makes anyone believe they can do it by ranting in a forum against total strangers?

5. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    we've got some plants that this would be great in. some places you have to move heaven and earth to get a hot work permit.

7. Likes slctech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A9-rm9qP0KM

This is a type of connection that's been around for years in refrigeration. I think since eventually we are going to be using propane every manufacture is going to be comming up with there own type of mechanical connections. Probably 1 or 2 will become standard.

Post Likes
    So if the fitting leaks, how do you remove it? If it is right next to a TXV for example and no room to cut?

How about out of round copper- or not perfect copper? Have to cut that out and waste it?

It is a good idea for some apps, but not a "throw the torch away" event.

Post Likes
    I would like to know the real save operating range is. 700 is just a nice round number , what sounds better, as an example 689.5 PSI or 700 PSI. High pressure controls on Heat Pumps typically trips at 600 PSI + or - 10 PSI , 610 max. Subtract 690 = around 80 PSI a very low safety factor when used on R410A system ,which they say can be used on. Keep your kids, family,friends away from these connections on R410A Central Air or worse, Heat Pumps systems.

11. Likes Chasespeed liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Just wonder why they aren't showing 90's, tees, reducer fittings?

Afraid to show the setup and costs? How much for fittings?

Very poor advertizement- too many questions left behind.

Post Likes
    Good luck I had the plumbing setup which is 4k I couldn't sell fast enough 500 a head my math that's 5k just in the heads if you run a lot of pipe regularly ok to have A SETUP IN A COMPANY but for everyday techs just get 6 I connect setups and call it a day I'll wait a few years IF it gets reasonable I'll get however the tool does work and easy to use just to costly and I don't see why,honestly it's ridiculous

Post Likes
    I dunno... the flaring tool has been around a lot longer and has the same benefits as this tool claims... if not more.

Post Likes

Coming to an HVAC&R parts house near you

The problem I see is you still have to bring out the torch to braze the barbed fitting thing on, so what's the point? The stuff probably costs way more than you would think plus the crimping tool and heads and having to keep up with a bunch of o rings and such. I don't see it being worth it.
    Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.heatingandcoolingservicesinc.com

Post Likes
    Talked to a sporlan rep on Wed. Fittings, right now, are roughly 8x cost of standard fittings. They want to get the tool price point around 3-5k. But the plan is for supply houses to be able to rent it by the day also.
    Time is the devil in great disguise --- Leon Pretorious

Post Likes
    That's insane.

Post Likes
    I dunno about you guys, but I've worked in large commercial A/C and large commercial and industrial refrig and most of the time is spent getting pipes in place and insulated/secured. Once they are in place a braze doesn't take very long at all unless it's in a really tight space and even then you couldn't get a press tool in there anyway. The only time brazing takes a while is when we go above about 1 5/8" and the press fittings only goes up to 1 1/8"!

Are fire permits that much of a pain in the states? Here it's just an extra piece of paper we sign in the morning!

If this was a cheap tool it would be great to have for medium sized residential and small commercial stuff because small stuff is more of a pain to get the oxy out. But large stuff, once you have your set up on site, it's not a pain to move around. For residential splits under 1/2" I wouldn't bother though, it's so easy to heat up small copper with just a mappy.

19. Likes Chasespeed liked this post.
    Post Likes

Cool

I guess I'm old school.I feel better pulling out a torch. I'm sure it works but,I would sleep better with brazed joints. And,it's not the cost cause if it's worth it it's in my tool box. I think I only feel safe using it on water lines or ref. Lines no bigger then 1/2. With the pressures and temp. you get with 410A give me a torch everyday. Besides I love my brazing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    That's insane.
    Yup,I have yet to make my money back on Milwaukee setup I have for plumbing fittings,if I can get heads that fit the HVAC might work out either way price is thru the roof NO REASON TOOL HAS TO BE THAT EXPENSIVE PERIOD!!!!

Post Likes
    Just like pro-press for plumbing its not about the cost of the fitting but about getting someone with no skill out of the day labor pool they can pay 8 bucks an hour to do our job

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TBrazin View Post
    Yup,I have yet to make my money back on Milwaukee setup I have for plumbing fittings,if I can get heads that fit the HVAC might work out either way price is thru the roof NO REASON TOOL HAS TO BE THAT EXPENSIVE PERIOD!!!!
    It does, as it keeps Joe Do-It-Yourself, from buying it, to save a few bucks trying to make a repair.

I agree, with an above mentioned comment. Sizing up to 1-1/8".... Any company that is big enough to swing the cost, runs larger pipe, and it won't make a difference, since it's low use. And the time brazing comes in with larger pipe, and larger tanks to fuel the larger tips, etc. Anything in that size range, can be brazed pretty fast, with the right torch setup.

Does it have its place, sure. However, I won't be spending my money on it. Short list of approved refrigerants. And as mentioned.... Low(relatively speaking compared with 410) operating max. Minimum temp of -25, removes small, to small/medium, low temp freezers(-25f, and only 1-1/8).

Doesn't seem like a worthwhile investment AT THIS POINT.

Chase

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Should I start buying stocks in this Company?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in