Thread: data room unit

Post Likes

data room unit

I installed a new fan cycling switch on a condensor unit but u have to install with a tea adaptor which had a shredor pin but i installed it with the side with no shredor on it is this the correct way cause the fun doesnt cycle it stays on.can any one give suggestion on it.

Post Likes
    If you take the swivel tee off does the fan go off?

Post Likes
    Hope your installing it on the liquid line....just saying

Post Likes
    Why would it matter if it was installed on the liquid line or on the discharge line?

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    Hope your installing it on the liquid line....just saying
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Why would it matter if it was installed on the liquid line or on the discharge line?

PHM
    --------
    Says Condensing unit , me thinking easier to install there , also I was referring to compared to suction line , need to think outside of the box instead of assuming it was going on the high side. Everyone of us has different levels of experience.

Post Likes
    Oh. But he said the fan would not shut off. A suction line pressure would never have turned it on.

Is anybody unlucky enough to have installed a defective new control And on the wrong line besides? <g>

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    Says Condensing unit , me thinking easier to install there , also I was referring to compared to suction line , need to think outside of the box instead of assuming it was going on the high side. Everyone of us has different levels of experience.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Oh. But he said the fan would not shut off. A suction line pressure would never have turned it on.

Is anybody unlucky enough to have installed a defective new control And on the wrong line besides? <g>

PHM
    -------
    Field wiring hookups mistakes are easily made , I realize it's a pretty simple straight forward job , even with a perfectly good control....but . You can have the last word I promise

Post Likes
    i didnt take tea off cause i put fresh charge i didnt want to loos charge but the high side pressure was around 240psi fun still running

Post Likes
    my low side was around 75psi which is high for R22 but as i measured the room temp it was 85F the condensor fan was constinly running highside pressure was aroung 240psi just to explain more clear,i installed the fan cycling switch on a tea which has three ports i installed it on the side with no shreder pin in it, the main tea was installed on the liquid line correctly.sorry to write to much just want to do things rite

Post Likes
    Does it have a second fan on it you can turn on, or use a hose and get the pressure down to the cut out setting. You may be good to go.

Post Likes
    What is the CI/CO of the control you installed?

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by nytech28 View Post
    i didnt take tea off cause i put fresh charge i didnt want to loos charge but the high side pressure was around 240psi fun still running
    PHM
    --------