Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: $8.13 Tech job

Post Likes

$8.13 Tech job

And this Company wonders why, It has a high turn over rate.??? .

APPLICANT CERTIFICATION
    I certify that all the information on this application, my resume, or any supporting documents is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any falsification, misrepresentation or omission of any information may result in disqualification from consideration for employment or, if employed, the immediate dismissal of employment.

I understand that this application is not a contract, offer or promise of employment. I acknowledge that my employment with ####### is on an at-will basis. This means that the company is free to terminate my employment relationship at any time, with or without cause or advance notice and acceptance of employment is not a contract of employment for any specified time. Similarly, i am free to terminate my employment with the Company at any time for any reason. This at-will provision may be modified or waived only in a written agreement signed by ########. and me.

I further understand that i am responsible for being familiar with the Company's policies, rules, and regulations, and understand that the company has complete descrition to modify its policies, rules, regulations, and practices at any time to the extent permitted by fedral or state law, except that it will not modify its policy of employment-at-will. By my continued employment with the Company, I consent to any such changes.

Pre-Employment Inquiry Release: I authorize the Company or its agents to investigate, to the extent permitted by federal, state, and local law, a credit and background check may be made including, but not limited to, consumer credit history, criminal history, driving record, employment, military, education and general public records which will provide information concerning my character, general reputation amd mode of living.

I authorize and consent to, without reservation any party or agency contacted by this employer to furnish the above mentioned information. I hereby release, discharge, and hold harmless, to the extent permitted by federal, state, and local law, any party delivering information to the Company or its duly authorized representative pursuant to this authorization from any liability, claims, charges, or causes of action which I may have as a result of the delivery or disclosure of the above requested information. I hereby release from liability the employer and its representative for seeking such information and all other persons, corporations, or organisations for furnishing such information.

I understand that, as a condition of employment and to the extent permitted by federal, state and local laws, I may be required to sign a confidentiality, non-compete or/and conflict of interest statement.

I understand that the employer may now have, or may establish, a drug-free workplaceor drug and/or alcohol testing program consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If the employer has such a program and I am offered a conditional offer of employment, I understand that if a pre-employment(post-offer) drug and/or alcohol test is positive the employment offer may be withdrawn. I agree to work under the conditions requiring a drug-free place, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. I also understand that all employees of the location, pursuant to the employer's policy and federal,state, and local law, may be subject to urinalysis and/or blood screening or other medically recognized tests designed to detect the presence of alcohol or controlled drugs. If employed, i understand that the taking of alcohol and/or drug tests is a condition of continual employment and I agree to undergo alcohol and drug testing consistent with the employer's policies and applicable federal, state and local law.

I understand that the company may from time to time require me to submit to a polygraph(lie detector) test as a condition of my continued employment. If I should fail to submit to such a test(if asked to take one) I can be terminated immediately and I agree to this provision and agree to hold the Company harmless from any liability, claims, charges or causes of action which I may have as a result of taking such a test. I further agree that should I fail the test I can be fired and I agree that the failure of a polygraph test is reason enough for such action and that I will not hold the company, its employees, officers, directors or shareholders liable in any way if I should be fired because of the failure of such a test.

I understand this Company hires only individuals who are legally eligible to work in the United States.
    This application is current for only sixty (60) days. At the conclusion of this time, if you have not heard from the employer and still wish to be considered for employment, it will be necessary for you to complete a new application.

Name :

Date :
    Refrigeration...Finding the Wright Wrench to pound in the correct..Screw

Post Likes
    Here come the "why should a beginning tech expect more" posts...

Post Likes
    At that pay scale.. I doubt the applicant could hook-up a set of gages....let alone read them..... Still low for a wanta be gopher.....

Post Likes
    The company I work for the install helpers are starting at $13.00/hr

Post Likes
    they do illegal immigrant work

Post Likes
    I recently saw an ad in the St.louis area for a HVAC installation technician that required a minimum of 4 years of experience and they only wanted to start out at 8 dollars an hour.

I can't imagine too many entry level installers applying for that, let alone somebody that has 4 years of experience.

Post Likes
    I started many years ago as a helper $9-$10/hr when gas was under $1/ gallon and now almost $5/gallon, with $8.13/hr wage? this is really cheap I would stay away from this company!!! few months ago when I was searching for change one of the small companies I've applied has given me almost 20 pages application forms with alot of legal craps in it, most company only have 2-3 pages, after spoke with the owner he didn't want to pay what I was getting pay from my current employer beside my personal hand tools he wants me to buy vaccuum pump, scale, co leak detector, refrigerant leak detector, .... I have all those but the companies that i've worked for provided all those tools as truck tools, on top of that the owner wanted me to pay for my own health insurance he said i'll get money back from commission??? I was like what $^$%$%&!!!! I just said thanks for his time and head out of the door and never look back!

alot of cheap companies out there want to hire good techs but don't want to pay good wages, most good helpers should be making at least $14 these days

Post Likes
    YPU ARE JOKING RIGHT???

Post Likes
    I don't JOKE ABOUT THINGS LIKE THIS..Thats why I get Censored
    Refrigeration...Finding the Wright Wrench to pound in the correct..Screw

Post Likes
    started at 11.50.. and 4 years later at 16..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by marter View Post
    holy crap. what do you live on?
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by marter View Post
    You're getting the royal shaft or you don't really know what you're doing and they just keep you around because they like you.

Post Likes
    $8.13/hr is more than I bring home with the company that took me on last month. Then again, they pay $10 and the staffing agency pockets $2.50 of it until I have 500 hours in and then the company will hire me on so I will get the $10. I get time and a half after 40 and work about 80 hours a week.

I'd been looking for a job for 6 months and talking to everyone I could to see if they knew anyone was hiring. Was so happy when I got this one. When I'd first joined this website, I'd asked what kind of money I could expect to begin with just out of school. Most of the responses were "You'll be lucky if you make minimum wage because educating someone with no experience is a lot of time and money". This is why I'm suprised at the responses to Cracker's thread.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast