In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes

In-House Commercial Kitchen Equip Tech Needed– Nashville TN

If you were ever wanting to get some training and experience on repairing commercial cooking equipment, here's your chance!

In-house, full-time, hourly positions open to perform maintenance on commercial kitchen equipment. We have three shifts. Shift preference will be considered and is generally permanently assigned. All tools are company-provided and includes a well-equipped maintenance shop and well-stocked parts inventory. A vehicle, a cell phone and two-way radio are assigned during the shift. The 600+ appliances which comprises our commercial kitchen equipment to be maintained is scattered throughout the 50+ separate kitchen, dish room and banquet service areas located on the property.

PREREQUISITES: Driver’s license required. Display above average engineering operations skills and strong general mechanical ability. Skills where some knowledge & proficiency are preferred include: electrical/electronics, plumbing, gas heating systems, live steam systems, mechanical, pneumatics, welding.

TYPES OF EQUIPMENT:

• COOKING - From small, counter-top appliances up to large rotating rack ovens and even larger smokers. MANY combi-ovens, fryers, gas range units, griddles, broilers, steam kettles, etc.

• WAREWASHING – ALL types, from back bar glasswashers up to numerous large flight dish machines and a rack washer.

• FOOD PREPARATION/PROCESSING - Including all types of counter-top/stand-mounted units such as slicers, dicers, processors, choppers and blenders, up to large-process floor units (veggie dicers and meat shredders).

• BAKERY - From mixers, dough sheeters and all types of specialty dough formers, up to a fully automated roll production line.

• LIGHT PLUMBING – From repairing faucet leaks and up to clearing clogged floor drains (in the kitchens ONLY).

• BANQUET – Includes rolling racks of all types and heated holding cabinets.

• No refrigeration systems. Those duties fall to a separate HVAC shop.

If interested, e-mail me at ECtoFix@comcast.net for more info. I'm not the employer, but merely one who works there. I won't name the company here, but will let you know that and provide you a link to the job posting by e-mail. Please keep the company name confidential (for my sake).
    ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Still needing a "commercial food equipment repair technician", food equipment technician", "commercial cooking equipment technician", "commercial food service technician", "commercial food equipment service technician", "commercial appliance technician", "restaurant equipment repair technician", "restaurant equipment service technician", or "restaurant equipment technician".

HECK, I don't know what they want to call us!

I wished it was as straight-forward as "HVAC technician" or "HVAC/R technician", but it's not.

CFESA certification is not required to work here, but we make up for that.
    Last edited by ECtofix; 04-24-2015 at 09:34 PM.
    ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -