Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by samjam View Post
    Could certainly do without pecmsg's comments. He/she must be perfect at everything. Hope your never in a position to need anyone's help.
    Nope far from perfect. I just get tired of hearing how easy everything is from people that never did it.

Post Likes
    Whatever way you look at it, you need to get someone out and redo the install. This might include pulling the compressor and dumping the oil, flushing the lines, and replacing all the refrigerant. Multiple trips might be needed to ensure there in no longer the presence of any moisture or acids inside the system.
    Honestly, be prepared to pay some $$$$ to make it right. The cost for repairs to the system I mentioned earlier is in the 5 digit range. And the first number doesn't start with a 1
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    Better off calling a Mitsubishi dealer,scrapping the junk system and have one installed properly. Lesson learned.

Post Likes
    Hey guys Sam, came to the right place to ask, and i think he knows that it was not the best install. No use in beating him about it. Like some have said, find a good contractor and maybe explain on the phone what the scenario is. Some may not want to do the work, personally i think it can be saved if the repairs are done right.

Post Likes
    Thanks Buford. In my own defense, I bought an advertised DIY system and ran the lines as instructed, but wanted to move the compressor further away. I then hired a licensed HVAC technician to extend the lines. Was told it would be fine to do. How am I supposed to know what is the right or wrong way of doing something? That's why I hired someone. How do I question what they've done when they're telling me everything was done correctly?

6. Likes buford liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Was this a one man shop or a bigger co? Doing it the way you described he should be reported. A reputable co would not want people they hire to operate like that. That kind of work does nobody any good, for the co who employs him or the customers they want to keep. Good luck.

Post Likes
    Did the guy you hired, without a doubt, not use a vac pump on the system? Did he purge the air out?

Post Likes
    did you get an detailed invoice?

Post Likes
    Father owns the business. Don't know how many employees. Recommended by a friend. He said it wasn't vacuumed and he doesn't vacuum systems with new lines. How could I argue? Yes, have a receipt.

Post Likes
    That's a new one. I've installed lots of new lines and never skipped using the vac pump.

Post Likes
    I'm curious. If the lines weren't vacuumed then how would the system pressurize? How could the tech claim to get the "correct" pressure on his gauges? Is it possible for the system to be properly pressurized without vacuuming?

Post Likes
    Normally these kind of units comes factory precharged with refrigerant.. the lineset is predetermined length for the charge if the line was cut or if more is soldered on more lineset then it will definitely need more refrigerant adjusted or added in this case.. the line set has got to always be evacuated and I have to agree with everyone that if this unit was indeed not put on a vacuum this unit is doomed for a failure with the compressor and soon, even purging a line set when it is 410A is not going to work.. l hate to throw anyone under the bus but this install was not done correctly and the new equipment I would bet my own money on from my own experience in the field will fail.

Post Likes
    Call the father, it may help unless, he taught junior to do it that way. If so you might be up the creek with them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast