Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    RUN CAP!!!!!!

Post Likes
    I'm looking for a part number for the replacement capacitor. It's not clear how "RUN CAP!!!!!!" Get me there.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Of course it isn't

Post Likes
    Ok. Guess I did not read the rules carefully. No DIY clause. I'll figure this out on my own. Last post on this forum for me.

Post Likes
    This should have never been posted in the open forum.
    Look how fast the diy's came out!
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    Please do not stop posting information like this one. We have been looking the last week for someone who could work on an Air Generate Water Heater (the original installer is not available). Nicely the water heater is in Bellevue and I have reached out to James.

Post Likes
    I'm having problems with the defrost cycle on a AirTap ATI-66. The unit ices up and I have to manually trigger the defrost cycle every few days in the Fall, Winter and Spring .... I am assuming the defrost sensor is defective..... is there a test I can perform with a volt-ohm meter ? Anyone with a parts source for the defrost sensor ? Or a better diagnosis ? Thanks ---

Post Likes
    !
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    James
    OUr AirTap TI66 worked great for 8 warm months. Every day I would have a full watering can of water from the condensate drain. Last two days have been very cold, and the condensate drain is dry, but the heat pump is still working. Today, the water temp went very low, and took a long time to get back up again. I lowered the differential to 5 degrees. The water is getting hot by the heat pump, but still the condensate line is dry. Any thoughts on what could be causing no condensation to form?
    Thanks
    Lori

Post Likes
    Wow this page got a lot of hits. Well to answer your questions you'll need a 2uf run capacitor

Post Likes
    Sounds like they made s couple mistakes. They should learn from larger manufacturers of HVAC.

1. You can manufacture using faulty components, but you must first lobby the govt to mandate your product to the masses, so that your sales are guaranteed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes kamersoutdoor liked this post
    Post Likes
    Hi James,

I've just recently purchased a home with an Air Generate Water Heater (Air Tap ATI66) We believe the anode may be causing a rotten egg smell in our hot water. We are on a private well and have a filtration system that has been unable to address the rotten sulfur smell and we'd like to investigate the option of switching out the anode before any further work is done on the filtration system.

I've researched a few blogs and determined that an aluminum / zinc combo anode that is powered (not sure about how this works) would be the best option for our water system because we also have a salt based water softener.

Could you advise whether the anode in the Air Generate hot water heaters are standard and where I might be able to get an anode that would work with our hot water heater? It's only a little over a year old and seems to be functioning properly in all other ways.

Thanks!

Post Likes
    Always had issues with blower fans!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast