Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Staefa PC Tool 4.0 for Smart 2 Controllers

Post Likes
    A link should be coming your way. In my experience it works pretty well for most all the SM2 cards. SMVU (shudder) and trunk comm not so much.

Post Likes
    Thanks

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    Can this be used with System1? If so, I could also use a copy. Having an issue where Code Download isn't completing. Running System1 through DOSBOX.

Post Likes
    This talks to the SM2 card directly - I have no System 1 experience our Staefa front end is MS1800.

Post Likes
    Does this software still exist? i cant seem to find it anywhere.
    We have a customer with software on site, and is easy to use...
    then we have a different customer with three cards not responding with no tool.
    I have found the pin configuration for the serial to RJ11 plug, and have one made up. i just haven't talked to right person to get the PC Tool software.
    Are you able to help?

Post Likes
    I do have a copy, but can't find an email address in your profile.

Post Likes
    Fixed! Profile updated!

Post Likes
    You should find the link in your inbox. Hope it helps. Set up is pretty easy, and if you have made the adapter right it works pretty well.

Post Likes
    Nice! I have received the file. I appreciate your help! Thanks even more for the quick response, now I can set this up over the weekend for Monday!

Post Likes
    Where I work we still have a lot of SM2 and even if you integrate it into a Jace, there are times you need a tool. Or a PC Tool. I have pretty good luck with it at work, but we do have SM II hand tools as well.Loop tuning with the PC Tool is pretty decent once you get the hang of it. Make sure your cable and adapter are good.

Post Likes
    I understand! We have a few sites down here with them too. One site the customer has the tool, and we had to do lots of work to the smart 2 cards to get them to work properly with the Jace front end! I'm very familiar with troubleshooting this kind of system, but this is the first time I needed to have the PC tool because the customer didn't have one. Actually fairly easy to work with, as it seems to be a really basic system for setting up loops, and loop tuning.

Have a great weekend!

Post Likes
    Any one know anything about the Network of the old Staefa? I can read the cards on the network, but seems like the communication is dropped on One of the trunks to an 1800 panel. I don't think it is an individual card any more that is causing the issue. I'm recieving and transmitting ok according to the panel, and each of the individual cards seem to vari the 0-5dc volts on the comm line as I recall is needed. Any one have more insight on Comm lines for this old stuff! Good times!

Post Likes
    Try disabling 1 card at a time. Make sure you have continuity on the trunk. At the field controller you can swap trunks but you have to do a little work with logical trunk naming. Are there address conflicts or a misnamed trunk assignment for the cards in question? Are these Smart 2 or something else?

Post Likes
    All smart2 devices, I've started with disabling a few cards one at a time, plus checking continuity. Trunk 4 is open, so there is an option to reassign trunk 3 and move it 4. I need to spend some time tracing the network to verify first controller and last. Appears they used a daisy chain method.
    Not sure if this system requires any end line resisters or anything, so I figured I would ask more about the network itself.

Post Likes
    The other thing to check is are they actually defined in the system - if they nor any of their points do not have software blocks defined you won't see them on the system, but you will be able to talk to them via smart dialog /SM dialog using the front end.

Post Likes
    Would someone also be able to send me a copy of the PC Tool software. I currently am using the Staefa Smart 2 Handheld Tool and would like to use the PC Software I already have the cables needed

Post Likes
    I know it's been a while but do you still have a copy of the staefa pc tool.
    I would be so greatfull, we just lost control of a board.
    Jim.dessenberger@hotmail. Com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Any chance I could get a copy of this as well?
    deanhiggs@mail.com

Post Likes
    Anyone that sent me an email has mail. I noticed two people asking while I was on vacation.

Post Likes
    lihvac, send me an email and I will hook you up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast