Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131656 ... LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 732
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    9,622
    Post Likes
    Yeah, I remember that one. I always liked Three Dog Night, but that's not my favorite song they did.

  2. #67
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,337
    Post Likes
    Eagles, lying eyes as I crossed the bridge, only because it was playing when I crossed the same bridge the day before.

  3. #68
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    6,809
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    A local radio station used this song as bumper music in a lead in to the recent Ferguson situation. Been stuck in my head ever since. I know Ex is old engough to remember this one when it was all over the AM airwaves back in the 70's.

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...90EFF4E1343204
    Man that hippy movement was crazy. I sure remember that song.

  4. #69
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    6,809
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    How about a little twang music?


  5. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    7
    Post Likes
    Kinda of funny about that exact model of Kenwood because I remember playing those dial in 1979. But I also remember that I liked this silver Pioneer 1979 monster better, so a few years ago, I found a rare black one and bought it. I love the thing. 160 watts per channel, and noted as likely one of the best vintage receivers for rock ever made. There was one more powerful, but experts recognized it did not live up to the clean sounding 1250 model. Check it out. I even added some links for you on my item page.

    http://theiot.me/1b9cQpq

  6. #71
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    6,809
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by mjasons View Post
    Kinda of funny about that exact model of Kenwood because I remember playing those dial in 1979. But I also remember that I liked this silver Pioneer 1979 monster better, so a few years ago, I found a rare black one and bought it. I love the thing. 160 watts per channel, and noted as likely one of the best vintage receivers for rock ever made. There was one more powerful, but experts recognized it did not live up to the clean sounding 1250 model. Check it out. I even added some links for you on my item page.

    http://theiot.me/1b9cQpq
    Yes it is pretty and looks to be in good shape--at least cosmetically. I'm guessing you had the power supply capacitors replaced and maybe the coupling capacitors for the audio path replaced? People just like different gear. I've been a Sansui man all my life.

    Here's the Kenwood unit I repaired and restored:



    http://www.pbase.com/craig_c/kenwood

  7. #72
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    6,809
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Heard this one at the drug store and was singing it all during the 2.5 mile walk home.


  8. #73
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    6,809
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Your Sunday morning hymn. I just love this amazing instrument called the pipe organ.


  9. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    5,009
    Post Likes
    Was driving by a Burger King and this old jingle popped into my head.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPJzMgg2U8o
    Politicians need to be changed like diapers, and for the same reason.
    Mark Twain

  10. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    ARK.
    Posts
    3,384
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Your Sunday morning hymn. I just love this amazing instrument called the pipe organ.

    I "hear" ya. One of our customers is Nichols & Simpson in Little Rock,actually a block from us. One of the premier pipe organ company's around. I went to a Lutheran church here thru the 6th grade and those just gave a whole different meaning to Church. Until you have heard one,you have no idea.

  11. #76
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    6,809
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkelly View Post
    I "hear" ya. One of our customers is Nichols & Simpson in Little Rock,actually a block from us. One of the premier pipe organ company's around. I went to a Lutheran church here thru the 6th grade and those just gave a whole different meaning to Church. Until you have heard one,you have no idea.
    I would love to hear one. I think there was a PBS special once called, "The great pipe organs of the world" or something like that. If I was rich, I would just go around and record these different organs playing hymns of praise with a good recording system and then post them on youtube. It's hard to find good ones. The King's College in England is a place I've always wanted to visit. I heard this play in my mind a few times today, and I tried to find it on Youtube tonight:



  12. #77
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    6,809
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    1979 or 1980?


  13. #78
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    6,809
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Or this one...


Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131656 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •