Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by firecontrol View Post
    1" line of that length on LP should not show much of any pressure drop @ 110k btu's, 1/2" maybe.

I'd start back at the beginning and take my own measurements, not trusting what the LP gas guy was telling you. Not that I don't trust what he says, it's I don't trust anyone when it comes to trying to resolve an issue that gets to the point of not making sense.
    That's what it's starting to look like. I did measurements at furnace he at reg. When I got there he was doing them at furnace.
    One thing that did bother me is that he help talking about people putting gum wrappers in pipe at warehouse and that we needed to check that for blockage. Probably head back out Monday morning and check pressure at reg. If it drops like it was i call them back and have then replace lines outside.

Post Likes
    The propane guy needs to make his gas test at the reg on the house! From the info he his giving you, i would do all the readings yourself or get the propane supplier to send out someone who know what he is doing, and not tell BS stories. The guy that is out there now is an idiot.

Post Likes
    Had something similar a couple of weeks ago. turned out to be the regulator on L.P. tank.

Post Likes
    Update went back and took reading at reg. 11.7 system off. Soon as furnace started up 9.1 and started to drop slowly. Called gas company and told them they have issue and what I found. They will be sending another tech out. Adjusted vavle at furnace to drop 2 while I was there and told homeowner to call after they fix problem on their side to make sure pressures are good.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the update. Sounds like you are making progress.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12