View Poll Results: Who can start an Invention thread here?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Only?

12 38.71%
  • Anyone that joins?

19 61.29%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    I'm torn on the idea. I see the original intent of this area, but I'm not sure it adds value to the site. There are so few people(pros) really changing or inventing products that I just see this section as another area of the site that gets very little traffic, while taking up more screen space.

the only way to increase traffic (make this area useful), is to open the it to everyone, the downside of that is the myriad of "products" that are going to pop up. I'd say most will end up not even having anything to do with the trade, which (in my eyes) makes it not even relevant to the site.

however, For me, it would be a more entertaining area (like wall of shame), if it's open to the public.

Post Likes
    Voting will end after today.

If a product is posted that doesn't pertain to our industry then it will be removed. We have a machine that reads and identifies topics which will allow or deny posting.... >>Me<<

So far the "Open to all" is wining. I highly doubt that will change.

Post Likes
    It's a pretty close vote, keeping in mind that there's no eligibility for voting. Someone who registered just yesterday and those who registered here solely after this sub-forum was created to advertise (tourists) are given equal voting weight as someone who's been here (townies). Taking argument presented in thread into consideration, I must come to the impression that a consensus was not reached.

Thank you

Post Likes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123