+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about my mantooth...

Post Likes

Question about my mantooth...

So, after purchasing a mantooth, I realised that there are 3 different classes of bluetooth hardware. Class 1 ~100m, class 2 ~10m and class 3 ~3m

The mantooth has a class 1 radio In it. Yay.

My phone, and all other phones/tablets have a class 2 radio in them.

So, how am I supposed to get the 400 foot range that is so boldly advertised?

Post Likes
    By a phone with a class 1 radio. lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RACMT View Post
    By a phone with a class 1 radio. lol
    Any suggestions?

They don't exist

Post Likes
    I have no idea about Bluetooth but maybe this thing or something similiar could make a phone class one somehow. https://www.bluegiga.com/en-US/produ...lass-1-module/

Or you could just buy an iconnect setup.

Post Likes
    You can buy a class one chip and install it in your phone.

Post Likes
    For real? I'm gonna look that up. That would be cool.

Post Likes
    Not looking like something reasonable to do.

Post Likes
    Did they cover the antenna with the battery?
    Got a feeling there is more to it that just putting a big radio on there like putting a V8 in a S10
    You got to make a few mods together to get it to hook up

Post Likes
    You guys are scaring me. I just bought 1 yesterday don't know whenI will even use it.

Post Likes
    My range is probably ~70ft. About the same as the imanifold. Well, without carrying the iconnect.

It's a shame because our phones/tablets limit these devices.

I probably still would have bought one, just wish I didn't learn the hard way.

Post Likes
    Well in most cases 50 ft will be enough. I am usually doing refrigeration in any event and whenever I used the wireless on the FP I have been happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalinput View Post
    My range is probably ~70ft. About the same as the imanifold. Well, without carrying the iconnect.

It's a shame because our phones/tablets limit these devices.

I probably still would have bought one, just wish I didn't learn the hard way.

Post Likes
    Never heard of a Mantooth before. Just checked it out on line. Boy howdy, they just keep coming out with all sorts of new fancy gizmo's.

If I was in your place I'd call Yellow Jacket to determine the best alternative. They're in the business to sell you stuff that you can use. And if you can't use it, then they don't look that good.

The first thought that comes to mind is how old is your phone? Maybe the newer phones are compatible, like I said, just a thought.

So, after purchasing a mantooth, I realised that there are 3 different classes of bluetooth hardware. Class 1 ~100m, class 2 ~10m and class 3 ~3m

The mantooth has a class 1 radio In it. Yay.

My phone, and all other phones/tablets have a class 2 radio in them.

So, how am I supposed to get the 400 foot range that is so boldly advertised?

Post Likes
    I can't get over the name of the mantooth, what genius came up with that. Everytime I hear/read it I think wth were they thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Never heard of a Mantooth before. Just checked it out on line. Boy howdy, they just keep coming out with all sorts of new fancy gizmo's.

If I was in your place I'd call Yellow Jacket to determine the best alternative. They're in the business to sell you stuff that you can use. And if you can't use it, then they don't look that good.

The first thought that comes to mind is how old is your phone? Maybe the newer phones are compatible, like I said, just a thought.
    My phone is a year old. It's the fact that phones/tablets are not capable of these 2,3,400 foot bluetooth ranges but these manufacturers keep advertising it!

Post Likes
    That's what made me click on the link. I thought it was a mis-spelling of mamoth or something. Either that or some sort of periodontal problem. Not sure I like the name, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I can't get over the name of the mantooth, what genius came up with that. Everytime I hear/read it I think wth were they thinking.

Post Likes
    Call YellowJacket. Find out what they are using and/or recommend.

My phone is a year old. It's the fact that phones/tablets are not capable of these 2,3,400 foot bluetooth ranges but these manufacturers keep advertising it!

Post Likes
    You only get 70 ft line of sight no obstructions with iManifold or iConnect?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I don't want to say for sure because I haven't used them, but that seems to be the general distance from the real life videos.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    We typically get right at 400' los with the iManifold, and generally at least 100-200' under typical construction conditions. With the iConnect and Zigbee, we can do a lot more because of the mesh configuration, both in distance and flexibility of the system. I would be glad to prove this via video. Remember though it is a system, so what you are receiving with is just as important as the sending radio. That said, we achieve those results with any good quality tablet or phone.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    We typically get right at 400' los with the iManifold, and generally at least 100-200' under typical construction conditions. With the iConnect and Zigbee, we can do a lot more because of the mesh configuration, both in distance and flexibility of the system. I would be glad to prove this via video. Remember though it is a system, so what you are receiving with is just as important as the sending radio. That said, we achieve those results with any good quality tablet or phone.
    Could you post a video of a device communicating 400' away from the imanifold?

I can't find any clear tests

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in