Post Likes

FX Server Graphic Issues

One of our customers has a newer site that we just took over. It has FX Server 4.0 with some FX60s and FX70s. FX60s are being used to control the AHUs, with some FX15s and 16s doing some minor work. I wouldn't have done it that way, but that's what it is. My issue is I am trying to add a new graphic to the server for an FX15 that was added onto an existing FX60 trunk. The site uses the standard JCI type graphics, but modified nicely. I am not a big fan of the tabs, but that's what they are using. I built a simple graphic for a Secondary CHW system, with a dozen or more points, no problem. When I try to bring it up, it responds so slowly, that the data doesn't refresh, I can't click on anything else and I literally have to wait minutes before I can close the window or go back to the main page. I copied the px file and station to my office setup and had issues trying to open the px file. I deleted the graphic, copied the station, opened it off line, built a new graphic, sent it remotely to the server. Same problem. I have never seen this before. We are running Windows Server 2008 R2, and I have admin credentials on the machine. Any ideas?? What am I missing??

Post Likes
    Its the tabs. Even though its not showing on the screen it still needs to load. Better practise is using hyperlink buttons with popup screens. I had the same issue. Drove me nuts for days until JC rep suggested removing them.

There could also be some point issues in the graphics it didn't like, reference to modules not installed.

Post Likes
    I dont think its the tabs.

the underlying issue is more likely that the JCI default graphics come with lots and lots and LOTS ...of default links that hide themselves if a component isnt bound to them

Go in and remove all the disconnected (and probably invisible) junk...and everything will be smooth and fast.

The only things that take a long time are big BQL calls, big History Calls ... and dead links !!
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Be brave. You cannot get eaten by an imaginary tiger.

Post Likes
    MY first thought was the tabs and/or problems with some of the ords, so I had removed some of the tabs and tried to make sure the ords were correct. Didn't seem to help. I will remove all of the tabs today, and hopefully this solves the issue.

Post Likes
    If you get really stuck drop me a line and I can help you out. Graphics are my speciality.

Post Likes
    I blew out everything except my graphics and it works fine. The existing graphics have numerous tabs on them, some up to a dozen. They seem to work OK, but the whole server is slow. I'm not going to re-invent the wheel, but every time we add to them, I'll do it my way. Thanks for all of the replies.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    I dont think its the tabs.

the underlying issue is more likely that the JCI default graphics come with lots and lots and LOTS ...of default links that hide themselves if a component isnt bound to them

Go in and remove all the disconnected (and probably invisible) junk...and everything will be smooth and fast.

The only things that take a long time are big BQL calls, big History Calls ... and dead links !!
    Agree, just sweep over the entire graphic in the px edit mode and delete the stuff that is not relevant.