Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Nest Problems

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by newtohvac13 View Post
    ok update.

i sent the nest back, installed a Ecobee3 and waalaaa works perfect.

Post Likes
    I installed one today for a customer and of course it was bad. Heat ran all the time through the sub-base. after 1.5 hrs. on the phone with the nest people, they finally decided to send him a new one. 2 heat/ 2 cool system, with a common wire connected. the base was a 2.1, any idea if that is a older or newer version of the base?

Post Likes
    Hi Opey456,

I'm not sure if the 2.1 base was released, are you sure that was the number? If so that would be the original release of the Nest base. The current version would be the model 2.21. My email is in my profile, and if you'd like to send me an email, I'd be happy to help look into what was going on.

~Faris

Post Likes
    I installed three the client bought. All had an extra wire I could use for C. I told the guy that figuring it out he was on his own. So far so good for heat I guess. We'll see what happens this summer when he switches to air.
    AS an Apple fan I will say they look cool. I don't like that idea of freezing me out just cause I have not walked past the thing for a few hours. I guess there is a way around that somehow.......somewhere.....

Post Likes
    Hi Glennhvac,

You can turn off the Nest's Auto-Away feature in the Settings. We understand that not every thermostat is in a position for it to determine activity.

If you're curious, it's in the Settings menu, then Nest Sense, then Auto-Away.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

~Faris

Post Likes
    Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest Pro Team View Post
    Hi Glennhvac,

You can turn off the Nest's Auto-Away feature in the Settings. We understand that not every thermostat is in a position for it to determine activity.

If you're curious, it's in the Settings menu, then Nest Sense, then Auto-Away.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

~Faris

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345