Thread: summit software

Post Likes

Confused summit software

new bld i just took over has a front end on site that had the summit program taken out of it when the last svc co left.it was orginally set up by the local trane office i believe.would they be able to tell if the software was purchased for this site,and get it reinstalled.

Post Likes
    you should have a site copy according to my local trane office

that and 6 bucks will get you a happy meal.

likely if you cannot find a site copy trane will be able to sell you a copy and then charge you for a site install of it plus extra to rebuild your CPL
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    Are you saying that the last service company uninstalled the software from the workstation? If so, check around and see if they left the install CD, if they did then you can reinstall the software yourself. If not, then you will need to call your local Trane office. It's possible that they could have you straight in a couple hours or they may require you to purchase another copy of Summit.

Post Likes
    mallron,this is what i was told by prop mgt maint guy.comp on site only has the door access program on it.when i hook up my laptop to it,it shows #10 roberts trane work station.prop mgt said they paid lotsa$ for it but who knows!i was thinkin if i could get it back up,and get the modem line reconnected it might make my life easier than going to site.thanks to both 4 the help

Post Likes
    You will need to know what the original authorization code is. If the software was purchased for the job it is the property of the building owner and not the previous service company. Sounds like they uninstalled it just to screw you or they purchased themselves which is doubtful. Your Trane office should be able to help you out but it is not free. You simply would have to pay for a service call because trying to track down the original authourization code, releasing it for reinstallation, and a site visit to reinstall the software takes some time and time is money. Since the original software copy is licensed specificly for one computer it can be reinstalled without pruchase of another copy on that computer. If the original authorization code can't be found or tracked down in the license database you will have to purchase another copy. You would probably be better off having the building owner contact Trane to get this sorted out as they are the original owners of the software and not you. I know if you called our office and asked for help with tracking down the software you probably wouldn't get anywhere but if the original owner of the software called it would be a different story.

The cpl programs reside in the BCU so if no one deleted them they will still be there. The original graphics are a different story and very well be gone. Not all sites have Summit software purchased for them. If the orignal owner has mutiple sites sometime he already has and its sometimes excluded to save money. Also sometime if the building is value engineered they wind up with an operator display and no workstation.
    Last edited by willf650; 04-20-2008 at 12:54 PM.