+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LED flashlights

Post Likes
    Streamlight stinger

Post Likes
    You can get a higher end flashiligh like the Fenix PD32 or PD35. I've done that before. Now I'm just getting less expensive, very reliable and 90% of the performance Convoy S3 in T4-7c tint. It is very bright and has a great tint. A warmer color than normal LED bluish tint. Great thing is, it is $20 so you wont mind banging it up like you will with the $90 PD35. The site listed below is also a great site to get 18650's and a charger.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1...-mode-edc-led-
    [B][SIZE=2] CENTER]I no longer identify as a conspiracy theorist. You may now refer to me as “That guy that was always right”.

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    I use a larry light too..... clip it on my shirt sometimes..... magnet aint as strong as i would like but its a good little pocket light.

Bought one of those clip lights at johnstone yesterday sorta like a larry light..... and Im gonna get another larry light from ace hardware soon.... I also have a couple of HD lights..... black... got leds on the side and one on the end..... cheap lights but they work well and dont eat batteries too often.

If I am going to be somewhere for a while and I need some light...... I get my 500 watt halogen and a cord out......
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Jonathan Lawson 2024

Post Likes
    Its been about a year since switching to fenix pd35. I use Panasonic rechargable batteries. Have not had a problem with the flashlight. The holster on the other hand is junk. Can't seem to find one that fits good and leather

Post Likes
    Gun shy on LEDs but maybe for no reason. I've used Maglite 2 AA regular lights forever so I tried the Maglite led. Lasted a month. I think their quality control has gone downhill in a big way though.

Post Likes
    My favorite is Nebo Highbeam. About $10. LED, shaped to fit in a car cig ligher, and not much bigger. Charge lasts several days. I've used these for 2.5 years, and only lost one. Current ones are about 1.5 years old and still going. I am not seeing it on the Nebo website linked above, but easy to find on ebay. To turn on, twist the ring around the lens.

Also have a bunch of the "free" harbor freight LED (uses 3 AAA batteries). And the Dewalt hi power light that uses the 18v battery packs of my other dewalts.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennhvac View Post
    Gun shy on LEDs but maybe for no reason. I've used Maglite 2 AA regular lights forever so I tried the Maglite led. Lasted a month. I think their quality control has gone downhill in a big way though.
    Mag lite is garbage. I've had my stream light now going on two and a half years. The battery only drained out on me once, rechargable battery has held up well. LED technology is pretty amazing. Fenix makes great lights too. Those two brands are the only ones I use now

Post Likes
    I carry the 2 aa pro tech stream light. and use a dewalt head lamp

Post Likes
    You guys need to trust me on the Convoy S3. You will be blown away how close it is to Fenix performance for under $20. This light, , a charger and two batteries will set you back about $50.

The light
    http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1...de-edc-led-fla

Plus this

http://www.fasttech.com/products/142...mh-ni-cd-smart

Plus these
    http://www.fasttech.com/products/142...d-rechargeable

Post Likes
    I picked up a Fenix UC40UE a few months back and it's nice, although the switch being on the side instead of the tail cap confuses the hell out of anyone I let use it.

Post Likes
    I have used the Bayco night stick NSR-2492 for about 5 years. great light, rechargeable 120V or it also comes with 12V car plug. i have two and couldn't be happier.
    http://www.baycoproducts.com/index.p.../item/nsr-2492

Post Likes
    Use to buy the Maglights (tap lights) as we call them. Got tired of them never working when I needed them. Bought a rechargeable Streamlight and never looked back. More money, no doubt. Have had it two years going strong.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Post Likes
    My first streamlight, a incan stinger lasted 14years. Sure 2 bulbs a year,a few switches and batterys but it just worked. Now that it diedi have 5 years on a strion that will not quit! They are worth it

Post Likes
    Those who like the larry light will like the clip light. Same size and shape. $12 and brighter. Uses strip array technology. At most supply houses.
    Last edited by beenthere; 03-08-2015 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Removed link

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I own the streamlight microstream which clips to my hat.

Also have the fenix pd35 which will light up anything.

I carry both. I have 4 microstreams though. They are cheap and bright. Small price too, thats why i have so many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I pocket carry the Streamlite ProTac 1L, it uses one CR 123A battery. I found a good source for them (the batteries) at around $1 each. I get plenty of life out of these knock off batteries so I can afford to change them as necessary. The light is worn shiny from it's original black finish but it keeps on ticking. Cost years ago was around $35. I also have the ProTac 2L (uses 2 of the batteries) in all my vehicles as emergency lights. I carry a few spare batteries also but have never needed to change them. One advantage to these lithium batteries is their shelf life and resistance to high temperatures, so they are not dead when you need them. Also I never have had a leak from a lithium cell so no damaged lights or meters.

Post Likes
    Guys need to check that forum similar to this one. All flashlights, all day even including modification projects. Kinda fun browsing the topics the flashlight heads post.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennhvac View Post
    Guys need to check that forum similar to this one. All flashlights, all day even including modification projects. Kinda fun browsing the topics the flashlight heads post.
    candlepowerforums.com and budgetlightforum.com are a couple of good ones.

Post Likes
    That first one is the one I was thinking about. Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    candlepowerforums.com and budgetlightforum.com are a couple of good ones.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in