Thread: Trane tracker

Post Likes

Trane tracker

Old trane tracker v 3.0 i believe.

Uses a rj12 to 9pin serial port and hyper terminal.

I logged in but can only view rtus and varitrac panels. Is there anyway i can change settings?

I also have a rtu that was zoned. Contractors remodeled and unhooked dampers and bypass and left it in the ceiling. What is the proper way to unzone this unit?

TIA
    GRAVITY

Post Likes
    Sorry man, I don't have literature on anything older than Version 9.

Does this have the BCU with the display? Since you are going in through a hardwire port, I am assuming that there is no front-end on this system. ??? My guess would be that you have to readdress the dip switches to tell it that the system isn't zoned.

Not much help. Sorry. I do have some later version manuals if you think they will help.

Post Likes
    Just sent you an email.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    Old trane tracker v 3.0 i believe.

Uses a rj12 to 9pin serial port and hyper terminal.

I logged in but can only view rtus and varitrac panels. Is there anyway i can change settings?

I also have a rtu that was zoned. Contractors remodeled and unhooked dampers and bypass and left it in the ceiling. What is the proper way to unzone this unit?

TIA
    GRAVITY
    Testing my memory Gravity but im thinking that u would have to remove varitrc panel off the comm link and rewire to associated roof top for varitrc and adjust TCI dip switch address on rooftop for next available voyageur number.then give it a sensor and it should show up on tracker so it could be setup.whats baffling is that your logged on but can't adjust settings.Im thinking that if your seeing the voyageur in status than I believe it's 2s that u should be able to change setpoints and 3s would be your schedules.if u can't see status of voyageurs your not communicating and therefore can't change setpoints.

Post Likes
    I could see the status of panels and rooftops. Just didnt know how to change set points. I found a comms wire cut in the ceiling. Im lost on the communication aspect of tranes.

So i need to find the zoning board(varitrac) and unhook it? Then there is a comms wire that i need to hookup somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    It's quite simply especially if u can verify what I'm saying with the literature ( it will explain it better than I can)but it was a daisy chain between your devices(basically the com wired is in series with all rooftop and panels).If u verify your comm link is good then u want to eliminate the varitrac and add thevoyageur to the link so ur Voyageur is now standalone. It will have a comm card in it because that's how it talked to varitrac so bypass the varitrac and bring the comm link directly to ur Voyageur TCI card and hook up the 2wires.You need to add a zone sensor for the Voyageur and address it and your good to go.To by u some time u can run it with a zone sensor and it will maintain default setpoints and run for u with constant fan.
    To change setpoints u need to select rooftop varitraac or TCM and go to setpoints or u can do it from the fron panel might be easier for u.Good luck

Post Likes
    I have a tci board in each voyager. So they are all linked. In the tracker, i can see different zones but, not the rtu. If i log in to each tracker with my computer, i can see each rtu thats hooked up to it, then each zone under it. If that makes sense.

Post Likes
    This is what i got from you.

Say there are 3 rtus and 1 varitrac. Your saying rtu1 daisy went to rtu2. Then rtu2 daisy went to varitrac panel and then daisyed to rtu3.

Hook rtu2 to rtu3, eliminating the varitrac and address it?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    This is what i got from you.

Say there are 3 rtus and 1 varitrac. Your saying rtu1 daisy went to rtu2. Then rtu2 daisy went to varitrac panel and then daisyed to rtu3.

Hook rtu2 to rtu3, eliminating the varitrac and address it?

If roof top 3 was the rooftop hooked up to the varitrac,then yes u would disconnect the varitrac off the comm link and hook up to the voyageur that the varitrac was hooked up to and readdress the voyageur..then tracker would see a new rooftop on the link and u could configure it.U really need the literature to understand it better,kinda of hard to explain on this kinda forum .Hope I didn't confuse u even more.lol.