Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JCIman View Post
    Patience is key...I’ve set up at least 50 of them. Of that 50, maybe 6 had the wrong password from the factory. All of them were fixed with a reset.
    You got yours going...that’s the main thing
    So the reset button is still a factor even after connecting to the controller (trying to log-in on the website)?

Post Likes
    There are 2 passwords...one to log into the wireless, then 1 to log into the web interface.
    do a reset according to the documentation.
    See page 9 of the attached document. When you get it working, upgrade the software to 4.2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    Is there an advantage of using a MAP vs a regular BACnet router + an access point?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by amigo View Post
    Is there an advantage of using a MAP vs a regular BACnet router + an access point?
    The map gateway gives you a mini head end for all the discoverable points on the trunk, some trending functions, balancing functions, and commissioning reports. It’s also html5 so it is platform independent.

Post Likes
    thx

Post Likes
    I was able to get in and change passwords but no device id.
    I remember you said i needed to update the software to 4.2 but I’m getting a browser not supported.
    Sorry, i know you have better things to do than hold my hand and turn my wrenches. I do appreciate the help you’ve given!

Post Likes
    You'll have the best luck with Chrome, but others should work..unless it's old.

Post Likes
    Do I need the Map Gateway to configure PCG’s with PCT for N2? Using my BTCVT I get the message “Communication switch is not allowed while connected to the FC bus”.

Post Likes
    rikenz,
    You need to connect the BTCVT to the SA Bus port and NOT the FC Bus port. That kicked my but a couple of times.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    Stupid should Hurt !
    If people took care of their cars like they do their HVAC Systems you'd see a lot more people walking
    !

Post Likes
    Also be aware that there are 2 versions of the MAP Gateway the YORK (Source-1) # YK-MAP1810-0P branded device and the Johnson Controls Version # TL-MAP1810-0P or 0S. Only the JCI will work with Both JCI DDC controllers and YORK Rooftop units. The YK-MAP will only work for YORK.

Post Likes

Hello

I am trying to connect to a Map 1810 Gateway with an SSID of MAP-1A26D8.
    The back of the MAP has two numbers on it, the top number reads W D4-F5-13-1A-26-D8, I'm assuming this is the MAC address.
    I've tried many different variations on Map-xxxxxx for the wifi password but can't seem to login.
    I've also tried the ethernet reset and the reset to factory defaults.
    Do you have any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by PianoPat View Post
    Hi mcguire07,
    The default Wi-Fi passphrase and user password is based upon the Ethernet MAC address that is printed on the back of the MAP Gateway (with rubber boot removed). Some of the early MAP Gateway units were shipped from the factory with the incorrect default passphrase and password in the Quick Start Guide. Here is the note from the JCI portal page for the MAP Gateway:

NOTE: As part of the recently released version 2 of the MAP software, we added 2 digits to the default passwords at a result of our latest security penetration testing findings. The good news is you can easily derive the default passwords by looking at the back of the MAP unit. We use the LAST 6 DIGITS of the ETHERNET MAC ADDRESS which is printed on the label. The default password becomes "Map-xxxxxx" where xxxxxx is the last 6 Ethernet MAC address digits. We use the SAME default passwords for the Wi-Fi passphrase and Admin password.

Post Likes
    You want to use the one that has the "E" in front, not the "W"

Map-[last 6 digits on the E mac address]

Post Likes
    I got my map working with a factory reset, and want to upgrade to 4.2 or 5.0, but can't find f/w or mut. Thoughts?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast