Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

Johnson MAP 1810

I am trying to connect to a MAP 1810 we just got for programming Johnson units. I can see the MAP on my wireless network but I cant get the password to work. I have tried resetting the device to factory default in case there was a problem with the login but that didn't work either. Has anyone dealt with this before?

Another thing I noticed was that the Quick Start guide listed my SSID as MAP-8A67 but my WiFi lists it as "Map-6A8A67"

Post Likes
    mcguire07,
    I did a web search for a "MAP 1810" and everything comes back with references to a ZFR1810 wireless coordinator.

What exactly is a "MAP-1810" and how is it supposed to work?

If you are using a BTCVT bluetooth router that is a different situation.

Now I am curious.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    Stupid should Hurt !
    If people took care of their cars like they do their HVAC Systems you'd see a lot more people walking
    !

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagey57 View Post
    mcguire07,
    I did a web search for a "MAP 1810" and everything comes back with references to a ZFR1810 wireless coordinator.

What exactly is a "MAP-1810" and how is it supposed to work?

If you are using a BTCVT bluetooth router that is a different situation.

Now I am curious.
    Name:  2015-01-05 07.16.33.jpg
Views: 5686
Size:  197.0 KB

It connects to the unit and creates a wireless access point to the unit. You then log in to the MAP 1810 thru WiFi and by pointing to a website you are able to configure the unit from a smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mcguire07 View Post
    I am trying to connect to a MAP 1810 we just got for programming Johnson units. I can see the MAP on my wireless network but I cant get the password to work. I have tried resetting the device to factory default in case there was a problem with the login but that didn't work either. Has anyone dealt with this before?

Another thing I noticed was that the Quick Start guide listed my SSID as MAP-8A67 but my WiFi lists it as "Map-6A8A67"
    Hi mcguire07,
    The default Wi-Fi passphrase and user password is based upon the Ethernet MAC address that is printed on the back of the MAP Gateway (with rubber boot removed). Some of the early MAP Gateway units were shipped from the factory with the incorrect default passphrase and password in the Quick Start Guide. Here is the note from the JCI portal page for the MAP Gateway:

NOTE: As part of the recently released version 2 of the MAP software, we added 2 digits to the default passwords at a result of our latest security penetration testing findings. The good news is you can easily derive the default passwords by looking at the back of the MAP unit. We use the LAST 6 DIGITS of the ETHERNET MAC ADDRESS which is printed on the label. The default password becomes "Map-xxxxxx" where xxxxxx is the last 6 Ethernet MAC address digits. We use the SAME default passwords for the Wi-Fi passphrase and Admin password.

Post Likes
    Thank you! I will try connecting in the morning and post the results.

Quote Originally Posted by PianoPat View Post
    Hi mcguire07,
    The default Wi-Fi passphrase and user password is based upon the Ethernet MAC address that is printed on the back of the MAP Gateway (with rubber boot removed). Some of the early MAP Gateway units were shipped from the factory with the incorrect default passphrase and password in the Quick Start Guide. Here is the note from the JCI portal page for the MAP Gateway:

NOTE: As part of the recently released version 2 of the MAP software, we added 2 digits to the default passwords at a result of our latest security penetration testing findings. The good news is you can easily derive the default passwords by looking at the back of the MAP unit. We use the LAST 6 DIGITS of the ETHERNET MAC ADDRESS which is printed on the label. The default password becomes "Map-xxxxxx" where xxxxxx is the last 6 Ethernet MAC address digits. We use the SAME default passwords for the Wi-Fi passphrase and Admin password.

Post Likes
    So by the time I got to the shop this morning the MAP 1810 had already been sent back for a new one but got the new one this afternoon and it had the same problem as the first one. I followed the instructions for using the MAC address to determine the password and it logged right in.

Thank you Piano Pat!

Post Likes
    This is the 2nd controller i have purchased that hasn't been set up within the JCI site www.mapgwy.com

The controller will broadcast a wi-fi signal, I'm able to connect to the controller's wi-fi, but I'm unable to login with the default username and password on the card.
    I tried resetting the controller (recessed button on back) however that's a solution to connect to the controller, not the website.
    Are these things logged on the gateway site so the tool is usable? Is it something that can be simply entered with the provided attachments so i don't have to return this module too?

Post Likes
    There is no JCI web site involved. The mapgwy.com is created by the map gateway. It is only accessible over the wifi connection to the gateway. So if you got to the login screen that is good. The login on the card should work if not follow instruction in other replies here.

Post Likes
    We recently had one that wouldn't respond to the default password. It took about six resets before it actually reset.
    UA LU 562

Post Likes
    There was/is a known issue where they come with an incorrect password in them. Usually a reset takes care of it.
    Make sure you update them to 4.2 software...They are still shipping with 4.0. 4.2 is waaaaayyyyy better.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveCR View Post
    We recently had one that wouldn't respond to the default password. It took about six resets before it actually reset.
    Make sure you're following the reset procedure in the documentation. There are several steps

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JCIman View Post
    Make sure you're following the reset procedure in the documentation. There are several steps
    Ya know, that's basically what the JCI tech rep that ended up on site said. After a couple of attempts, he was as befuddled as we were.
    UA LU 562

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveCR View Post
    Ya know, that's basically what the JCI tech rep that ended up on site said. After a couple of attempts, he was as befuddled as we were.
    Patience is key...I’ve set up at least 50 of them. Of that 50, maybe 6 had the wrong password from the factory. All of them were fixed with a reset.
    You got yours going...that’s the main thing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast