Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    $140 dollars for a furnace circuit board installed is a very low price. $800 dollars is high. For most full service HVAC companies $140 dollars hardly covers the travel and diagnostic time. Thereís a lot of overhead that comes with an HVAC business and most struggle to make a profit. If a company is able to charge high prices and make a better margin I wouldnít call that dishonesty, itís just business.

What I found dishonest about the duct cleaning company mentioned is the way theyíd use a bait and switch tactic. Where they advertise $99 dollar duct cleaning and in small print at the bottom note that additional charges may apply. Nothing wrong with that, but this company would clean the ducts and then present them with a bill 15 times higher than what they expected. If there was going to be additional charges they should have quoted the customer those charges before doing the work.

I donít think the government having some ducts cleaned validates anything. Who knows what their reasons were. If thereís a mold problem then Iím sure everyone would agree that the ducts should be cleaned not just insurance agencies. Even the EPA you sited recommends duct cleaning if thereís mold.

If the ducts are cleaned properly I donít think itís a scam. There can be many reasons for wanting your ducts cleaned. There are also many homeowners that have been led to believe that cleaning their air ducts is something they need to have done. Not doing so will cause unhealthy air in the home. I believe this is BS because itís never been proven.

My point is that if a homeowner wants healthier air in their home there are many things they can do. Having your air ducts cleaned is at the very bottom of the list because there are little to no health benefits associated with duct cleaning for the average homeowner.

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue Duct View Post
    Now, is this really change there IAQ or is this a psychosomatic reaction, who knows, who cares they are happy. Check out my Facebook page for some testimonial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue Duct View Post
    Anyone that uses a rotobrush is a joke. NADCA has a clear and define process (putting system under vacuum and use a air agitating tool).
    Iíve worked at a company that used a rotobrush and used it poorly. Yet they never got any complaints about it. They also received positive reviews. As you said above itís probably a psychosomatic reaction but who cares as long as theyíre happy. If you believe that then why do you bash duct cleaners that use a rotobrush? The rotobrush will stir up dust causing poor indoor air quality shortly after cleaning and not get quite as much dust out as your superior machines. But the end result in terms of customer happiness and health improvement are the same.
    "Iím an actorÖ I do a job and I go home. Why are you interested in me? You donít ask a truck driver about his job."
    James Gandolfini

Post Likes
    Hi, cleaning your air duct system helps your HVAC system run more efficiently, resulting in less run time and lower heating and cooling bills. It can also extend the life of your heating and air conditioning equipment. Cleaning your air duct system can help maintain a cleaner home, requiring less dusting. Contaminants in your Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning can aggravate your health problems. Cleaning your air duct system is the only way to thoroughly remove these contaminates. Thanks to ďA2Z Air IncĒ, for keeping me away from all these problems.

3. Dislikes lumberg disliked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shirleyamy View Post
    Hi, cleaning your air duct system helps your HVAC system run more efficiently, resulting in less run time and lower heating and cooling bills. It can also extend the life of your heating and air conditioning equipment. Cleaning your air duct system can help maintain a cleaner home, requiring less dusting. Contaminants in your Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning can aggravate your health problems. Cleaning your air duct system is the only way to thoroughly remove these contaminates. Thanks to ďA2Z Air IncĒ, for keeping me away from all these problems.
    Rarely if ever does duct cleaning "improve HVAC efficiency". We should all review the Ten Commandments regarding honest dealing with our fellow man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes jacob-k, lumberg liked this post
    Post Likes
    Seems like nobody want to do duct cleaning until somebody gets sick and they do an IAQ study.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by smcelfresh View Post
    Seems like nobody want to do duct cleaning until somebody gets sick and they do an IAQ study.
    ive never heard of anyone getting sick from uncleaned steel ducts. i've seen ducts with dead animals, dust and debris 2" thick and no one has been ill. there's a LOT of hype and "marketing" (lies) that go with duct cleaning. Duct cleaning has it's place in HVAC but it's definitely NOT the IAQ savior.

8. Likes jacob-k liked this post
    Post Likes
    Would it suffice to say....someone WILL FEEEL better by having their ducts cleaned. I am getting ready to replace my furnace and A/C, and have delayed our local duct cleaning company twice. Was attempting to have them clean my ducts after all the old equipment is removed. Again, my better half wants the ducts cleaned as some family members have airborne allergies. The professionals are very pricey.

Post Likes
    The way my house is layer out, it would be easier to just go to the basement and attic and replace the ducts.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseAir View Post
    Rarely if ever does duct cleaning "improve HVAC efficiency". We should all review the Ten Commandments regarding honest dealing with our fellow man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    how many cfms am I losing to dirt in my ducts? Lol

Post Likes
    When duct cleaning you have to make sure you do it right. there are so many gimmick companies out there that dont do a good job. if they dont have a huge heavy powered vacuum and hose with air compressor and whip they dont do anything.

Post Likes
    Hi Rescue Duct,
    Really appreciate the images that show the benefit of a good duct cleaning.
    What would your mileage fee be for a job in the Chicago south suburbs (Homewood)?
    Thanks

Post Likes
    I can advise you on a young but rapidly growing air duct cleaning company - "miles's air vent care" they work all along the east coast

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    I get it that many people want their ducts to be cleaned simply because the return ductwork has some dust accumulation. Even if they know thereís no IAQ benefit.

If I lived inside my return air ducts Iíd want them cleaned. But since I live on the other side of the filter I donít care. Itís hard for me to believe that the dust thatís lodged in the return air ducts is causing health issues in my home. How can I be breathing in dust through my nose if itís currently stuck to the walls of my ductwork?

Iíve learnt that to be successful at selling you need to believe in what youíre selling. If I could find some proof that homeowners are experiencing health benefits or less dust in the home after duct cleaning then I would be more inclined to purchase equipment and start picking up a piece of that market.
    I actually have a few customers that have benefited from having their ducts cleaned by a professional duct cleaning company, which I referred them to, even though I am a licensed HVAC business just like the duct cleaning company, I do not posses the proper equipment to do the job correctly, also, this duct cleaning company went thru the entire system and sealed it at every junction with mastic compound. I feel it is a benefit, just from what I have seen and I also suffer from allergies, so after getting my ducts cleaned, I am breathing a lot better as well. I can tell you this, if I had the cash to start up a duct cleaning business the right way, I definitely would, and like these guys, do it the right way with the right equipment.

Post Likes
    You did a great job honestly!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast