Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Thanks! Let me know if you have any problem finding them.

Post Likes
    Who knows what the inspectors want any more. In my area, 25 years ago, they all wanted copper because the PVC drains would degrade, sag, and generally end up in a state of disrepair. Then a few years after that, they said the potential for copper ending up in the environment was too great, and wanted PVC. I see both these days.

If your device comes in 1", we'd just glue in a threaded bushing for 3/4", as that is the most common drain size out there.

Haven't read that new code. Anyone know if that is that for residential, commercial, or everything?

Quote Originally Posted by soaker View Post
    The device fits on 3/4 and 1 inch PVC drains. I AM SURE IT CAN BE ADPATED TO COPPER DRAINS OF THAT SIZE IF YOUR LOCAL CODES WILL PERMIT PVC IN THE COPPER LINE.

Post Likes
    The device is PVC and has 3/4" female slip ends to glue 3/4" pipe into. To use on 1" you need (2) 1" couplings to fit over the ends. The inside diameter of the device is 1".

Post Likes
    Well, that's convenient enough.

Quote Originally Posted by soaker View Post
    The device is PVC and has 3/4" female slip ends to glue 3/4" pipe into. To use on 1" you need (2) 1" couplings to fit over the ends.

Post Likes
    I know that Heating & Cooling Supply has it in their system if that is a supplier you use.

Post Likes
    Here is the website that shows all the information on it: http://allaccessdevice.com/

Post Likes
    Years ago I was working in a medical building and at quitting time the hospital maintenance chief said he had a unit down and would I look at it....... It was a WSHP and the drain trap was clogged and it was copper and there was no way I could get anything into the trap to rod it out and couldn't get my vacuum up there to do any good.....

So I went and got my nitrogen bottle and a yellow hose with the end cut off it and a soaking wet rag....... hung the bottle up in the ceiling..put the hose in the drain pan hole...covered it with the wet rag and let her rip.......lol

All the sudden I heard a noise....... cant describe it but I knew exactly what it was...... water being expelled out of the drain line and landing on the ceiling tiles.......lol sorta like a "plop" machinegun....

Stupid hospital had 1 foot high vents in the drainlines every so often and when I blew the line out water escaped from one of these vents.

I searched the whole area where I heard the noise from but never found any water on the tiles... never heard anything about it either.

If I can get my vac on the outside end of the pipe and have an extension cord hooked to it so it will run forever.... I take a gallon jog of water up with me and fill the drain pan or dump it into the tee upstream from the trap....... that is if the hacks even left a tee...... which around here it seems...most don't...... and doing that...... it does a good job of sucking that drain system out good.

The problem with the OPs device around here is cost and idiots...... most places are not going to throw a drain device on their installs that costs more than a pvc male adapter and a 90...... and then the idiots around here would probably put the things in wrong..... even an idiot proof device......
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    I am hoping that companies will see the benefit of this device. The cost will surprise them in a good way.
    I have to hope that most guys in the field would be able to install it correctly, hard to screw this one up.
    I think once states start enforcing the new code it will do much better.
    Have a great day and Happy Holiday!

Post Likes
    For roof top A/C units, I can see the benefit. And it looks like inspectors will be wanting to see something.

Your story reminded me of several similar "incidents" I've had with clearing drains. One time when one cut loose, it went all over an ATM machine and the front window of a store. Gawd, it was a mess. Now I [usually] take precautions.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Years ago I was working in a medical building and at quitting time the hospital maintenance chief said he had a unit down and would I look at it....... It was a WSHP and the drain trap was clogged and it was copper and there was no way I could get anything into the trap to rod it out and couldn't get my vacuum up there to do any good.....

So I went and got my nitrogen bottle and a yellow hose with the end cut off it and a soaking wet rag....... hung the bottle up in the ceiling..put the hose in the drain pan hole...covered it with the wet rag and let her rip.......lol

All the sudden I heard a noise....... cant describe it but I knew exactly what it was...... water being expelled out of the drain line and landing on the ceiling tiles.......lol sorta like a "plop" machinegun....

Stupid hospital had 1 foot high vents in the drainlines every so often and when I blew the line out water escaped from one of these vents.

I searched the whole area where I heard the noise from but never found any water on the tiles... never heard anything about it either.

If I can get my vac on the outside end of the pipe and have an extension cord hooked to it so it will run forever.... I take a gallon jog of water up with me and fill the drain pan or dump it into the tee upstream from the trap....... that is if the hacks even left a tee...... which around here it seems...most don't...... and doing that...... it does a good job of sucking that drain system out good.

The problem with the OPs device around here is cost and idiots...... most places are not going to throw a drain device on their installs that costs more than a pvc male adapter and a 90...... and then the idiots around here would probably put the things in wrong..... even an idiot proof device......
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Thank you!

Post Likes
    Please take a minute to look at the ALL-ACCESS Condensate Cleanout Device
    Model AA1.
    The website is at http://allaccessdevice.com/
    It shows how it will save HVAC Service Technicians time and also allow
    access to add drain cleaners or tablets.
    It also meets the New ICC IMC 307.2.5 & IRC M1411.3.3 Drain Line Maintenance
    code for 2015 requiring a device like this.
    This Video explains how it works: http://youtu.be/dbYScpYD5R8

Post Likes
    I would of made it so you could put the flapper on either side.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast