Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Encrypted passwords are stored in BACTalk.mdb file. I don't know how to decrypt. But I have tried this method on Envision 2.6 and it works on small jobs. Make a backup of the whole rep/job folder, Uninstall envision and delete the Alerton folder from hard drive. Reinstall envision and give your own admin password. Then create the original rep/job and replace it with the backup. But make sure not to overwrite the BACTalk.mdb file.

Post Likes
    Hi MagenticaSoft

I have a site running Envision for BACtalk 2.6 and would love a copy of your reset tool

Post Likes

I Need to reset admin password of Alerton envision for backtalk 2.6

Hi, One of my client have and alerton envision for backtalk 2.6 with unknown admin user name and password can you help me to help them.

Post Likes

Need Reset Password

Quote Originally Posted by MagenticaSoft View Post
    If it's 2.0 or higher I have a tool I have written to reset the local administrator password.
    Hi this is meezan from India,
    Here I am using BACtalk 3.0 with activated license. We forget the Username and password. Kindly advice the tool and how to do reset the admin password

Post Likes
    Its actually pretty easy to delete the LocalAdministrator Password and make Envision to display the set LocalAdministrator password window. Go to regedit and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ then delete Alerton\LocalAdmin sub key. I have only tried this with Envision 2.6 and I do not know how this would behave on 3.0, try it at your own risk!

Post Likes
    Hey reckless. Im on 2.5, if I delete this nothing will change other than prompting me for a new admin password?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sausage182 View Post
    Hey reckless. I’m on 2.5, if I delete this nothing will change other than prompting me for a new admin password?
    Yup correct.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12