Thread: Circa 2002 Staefa integration questions

Post Likes

Circa 2002 Staefa integration questions

Hello.

I have a customer whose employer has acquired several buildings to manage, new to them. One has an older Staefa system in place where the PC was updated in 2002. From what I'm learning, the hardware is no longer supported. I believe the front end is not functional, but not sure yet as I've not been in the building.

Other than Tridium (not a system we sell), are there any suggestions to be offered with respect to integrating any other front end in to this system? Will this gear allow itself to be integrated in to any head end that supports LON?

Thank you,

Ken
    Last edited by chesehd; 11-28-2014 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Fumblethumbs

Post Likes
    Assuming it is a Staefa Smart II System you could explore a gateway device such as Centaurus Primes. It doesn't output Lonworks though only Bacnet or Modbus. Since you don't want to use Tridium you would need another bridge to go to Lonworks such as Fieldserver. It can get pretty convoluted with multiple bridges and an unsupported system.

Post Likes
    We rep Schneider Electric and are using their new Struxureware line. The Automation Server is capable of using Lon, right out of the box. The AS also uses Bacnet and Modbus.

I just wasn't sure if the AS could communicate directly with the Staefa gear or not.

Post Likes
    What kind of system is out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    I don't know the specifics on the the system, yet. I'm hoping to get out to visit the building this week, if the building engineer can swing it. Right now I'm trying to determine if I'm wasting my time by even going out there. From what I'm seeing, so far, it looks like there could be at least a snowball's chance of it working.