Thread: Wanted: Building Automation Systems Engineer/Technician

Post Likes

Wanted: Building Automation Systems Engineer/Technician

Job Description
    The Controls Technician works directly for the Controls Team Leader, and within a team of Control Technicians. Primary accountabilities include performing the start-up, testing, and commissioning of control components and HVAC systems. The Controls Technician is expected to meet hourly budgets and uphold performance standards set by management. The Controls Technician must comply with all company policies, procedures, beliefs, and values. This position is accountable for the following:

• Candidate must possess the technical knowledge required in order to take a project from start to finish. Candidate would be required to complete submittals controls drawings for review, complete engineering in the the Niagara-AX station utilizing Tridium wiresheet logic programming and Honeywell Spyder Tool control programming, complete a graphic user interface, complete training with the customer, and complete as-built controls drawings to provide to customer and for internal records. All controls drawings are to be completed using Microsoft Visio.

• Possess basic knowledge of all aspects of HVAC including design, installation, production, refrigeration, controls and service.

• Proficient at reading mechanical, architectural, and controls drawings and project documents.

• Be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.

• Be able to interpret project requirements from write-up, scope, specification, and via direct communication with sales staff or customer.

• Develop and write necessary control logic to meet project requirements.

• Confirm that mechanical systems and equipment operate properly as controlled via the control system.

• Perform thorough point testing of all new points and functionally test associated systems.

• Identify and communicate any associated points, equipment, and system deficiencies.

• Provide written record of system and component testing on all projects.

• Document, follow-up, and resolve all issues relating to controls and your project.

• Set up and install communication devices for remote operations; i.e. computers, routers, switches, repeaters, etc.

• Maintain and update current onsite software databases and backup databases onto our secure server.

• Interface with customer IT departments for remote access and connectivity.

• Update all Visio as-built and record drawings, sketches, and wiring changes as project progresses. Finalize all Visio as-built and record drawings, sketches, and wiring changes upon project completion.

• Instruct customer or end-user on system operation.

• Promote, maintain and enhance new and existing customer relationships.

• Assist TAB, commissioning, and service technicians in verification of their system testing.

Job Requirements
    The candidate must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:

• Possess a two-year degree or other education or experience by which a reasonable understanding of HVAC and control systems with an emphasis on direct digital control systems.

• Tridium Niagara AX Certification.

• Minimum two years of Tridium Niagara AX experience.

• An understanding of air-conditioning principles, systems, and commercial HVAC mechanical equipment.

• Possess strong computer aptitude including hardware, software, and network communications.

• Ability to effectively interact and communicate with co-workers, customers, technicians, sales, and office staff.

• Strong communications skills: written, verbal and listening.

• Take pride in ones work and accept responsibility for his/her professionalism and accuracy.

• Ability to consistently set goals, establish and meet budgets, and meet schedule deadlines.

• Other proprietary controls knowledge (i.e. Johnson, Seimens, Distech) is a plus.

• Ability to work independently or in a team atmosphere.

• Project a positive image of the company and herself/himself to customers at all times.

• Competent in WISHA/OSHA job site safety requirements.

• A valid driver’s license and clean driving record.

• Have an excellent attendance record at prior employment.

• A candidate is required to pass a pre-hire drug screening and physical examination (after job offer).

Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
    The candidate must possess and be adaptable to the following physical abilities and working conditions:

• Ability to frequently lift or carry 20 to 50 pounds.

• Ability to see and hear well (either naturally or with correction) and speak clearly.

• Physical requirements include: Standing, bending, squatting, sitting, kneeling, lying down, crawling, climbing, and driving.

• Typical working conditions include: General construction areas. Working on ladders, on rooftops, in crawl spaces, in unheated areas, and in all weather conditions.

• Must be capable of working ten to twelve hour days when job/business needs to meet demand.

Employee Benefits

• Medical/RX coverage for employee. Coverage available for dependents for shared premium.

• Holiday, vacation, and sick leave compensation.

Contact Information
    Accu-Temp Controls, Inc.
    321 Schweitz Road,
    Mertztown, PA 19539

Please email or fax your resume to David Heller:
    davidheller@accutempcontrols.com
    (610)641-0443

To inquire directly, please call the main office: (610)641-0406

Post Likes
    I would think a lower level person would be doing drawings. $

Post Likes
    Just checked your accutempcontrols dot .com website link and it directed me to a Linksys wireless router Admin logon page.
    Someone at your company may want to have that checked, as it is very easy to hack a Linksys router.

By the way, nice detailed description, hope you find your tech.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Remember to "Pay it Forward"; help out the newer generation of techs, remember someone during our career helped us! ("Pay it Forward" was by someone smarter than me!!)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dracula View Post
    Just checked your accutempcontrols dot .com website link and it directed me to a Linksys wireless router Admin logon page.
    Someone at your company may want to have that checked, as it is very easy to hack a Linksys router.
    dracula, thank you for bringing this to my attention. We have temporarily redirected the link while work is being done to rectify the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dracula View Post
    By the way, nice detailed description, hope you find your tech.
    Thank you!

Post Likes
    Google Maps is way off to, looks like a residential area. And website still does not work
    Description is good. Sound like my job so now I know what to tell people what I do for a living when they ask!
    Beware of the prophet trying to make a profit.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.

Post Likes

Thumbs up Now that's close!

Literally one turn and less than ten miles from my house....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in