+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carrier Infinity Greespeed Hybrid System Error... Please Help

Post Likes

Confused Carrier Infinity Greespeed Hybrid System Error... Please Help

If anyone is able to give me some info or if they have run into this problem before please help me out.

We are a factory Carrier dealer. We installed a 3 ton Greenspeed heat pump (25VNA36) and a 60K BTU Infinity furnace (59MN7A060).

The issue we are getting is the controller sends the homeowner an error code 69 to his email. It does not display it on the interface. The error 69 states: Inverter / Compressor Internal Fault. Reset Time 15 Mins.

I have called Carrier tech support and have dealt with the "senior tech" about this issue. All he is saying is " this is just a minor issue that the system detects and is not a critical fault causing the system to shut down" " Just like a car has a low pressure sensor for the tire, doesn't mean the tire is flat. Any other system this error would not be popping up. These systems have safety's for everything and it doesnt mean its a major issue"

I'll be honest. This doesn't fly with me and I'm sure same with the homeowner who spent all this money on this system. he has recieved 31 69 error codes in 11 hours .That means the compressor locks out for 7 hours and 45 mins out of the 11 hours. Something is wrong here.

We are in New England. Homeowner sets his indoor temp to 74 degrees (seems really high to me and could cause the 69 errors from turning on so frequently). Sub cooling and super heat are spot on. It is an EXV that stages down by the interface which operate good (according to the percentage the interface displays). Electrically voltages and amps are perfect. WTF!

I'm literally lost on this and desperately want to help the homeowner.

Can it possibly be a bad inverter? or defective compressor? I do not want to change components out to find out the same thing happens. Please any help would be great.

Post Likes
    Seems like an overload problem or dirty power

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    Seems like an overload problem or dirty power
    X2.

There is a trouble shooting checklist in the service manual for this unit that dictates what to check and when to replace components based on this error code.

Post Likes
    You are saying it emails the customer but does not appear on the interface? Have you verified this by checking the last 10 faults stored in the controller? Are there any flash codes on the outdoor unit?

We did have one customer who had an issue with an Infinity Touch Stat and his email. The myInfinity site was constantly emailing him (I do not remember why) even though there was no issues with his unit. It took weeks for Carrier to believe the problem was not his setup. I think the problem was supposed to have been solved by a firmware update to the stat.

Like others have said, there are troubleshooting checklists in the manual for this unit that are very specific. You need to spend some time at the unit and verifiy if these codes are even occurring and if so follow the procedures.

Post Likes
    Not to resurrect an old thread but was there ever an answer to this original post?
    Just left a customer's house, same exact fault. Tech support sent me a troubleshooting guide, all checks out. Called them back and verified voltage, ohmed out compressor, etc, everything checks out while on site but same fault occurs. Multiple brown out faults in history as well. Tech support says it's most likely something failed internally on the compressor. Basically told it "should" be running.

Post Likes
    On a system that has been installed and running for a while usually it'll mean a failed compressor or inverter.

The service manual has a test that helps, only sometimes, to track down which is failed. page 11 below

It is possible that both are bad, a compressor grounding can burn the inverter. Usually you'll also have more then just the 69 in the history.

https://www.shareddocs.com/hvac/docs...25VNA0-1SM.pdf

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in