Post Likes

Personal CO monitor brands

Anyone have recommendations on the best personal CO monitor that will clip onto a belt. I had a testo 317 but it has expired and I wanted to try a different brand. I've found
    1. Sensit - p100
    2. Sensorcon CO detector/alarm
    http://sensorcon.com/products/portab...detector-meter -- this one has my vote as of now
    3. BW Technologies gas alert extreme GA24XT-M*( branded as honeywell also) - this one also peaks my interest
    4. Bacharach - don't have model number but it look just like the sensit. ...it may just be rebranded?

I just want the fastest responding, very accurate, durable, and able to be clipped onto a belt for every day use. Must be able to mute alarm also.

If anyone had experience with these brands I appreciate your feedback asap. My testo 317 died and I need a replacement quickly.

Thank you

Post Likes
    I've used the Testo for 2 years and have been satisfied with it.
    NCI has the CO Angel $189. Jim Davis showed it at the Combustion Analyzer class. I'd consider that one as well if I need another one.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    I've used the Testo for 2 years and have been satisfied with it.
    NCI has the CO Angel $189. Jim Davis showed it at the Combustion Analyzer class. I'd consider that one as well if I need another one.
    I believe that the CO angel is made by sensorcon, very good unit. Only difference is the CO angel starts beeping at 15 ppm and the sensorcon at 35 ppm.

Post Likes
    I like the Sensit P100 a lot, concerned about muting the alarm though, if you walk into a dwelling and the CO alarm goes off, the CO could go much higher as you approach the source. That is one alarm that is usually not mutable if it is used for PPE.

Post Likes
    The sensit p100 doesn't alarm until 50ppm? I want to be alerted waaaaay sooner than that.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    I like the Sensit P100 a lot, concerned about muting the alarm though, if you walk into a dwelling and the CO alarm goes off, the CO could go much higher as you approach the source. That is one alarm that is usually not mutable if it is used for PPE.
    I want to able to mute the alarm so I can speak an d direct others if their is a problem not having to yell over an alarm.
    I'm not planning to mute it because it being an annoyance to me, no like people disabling failing co/smoke alarms..if they even are failing. I like the vibrate notification.

Is the Bacharach snifit just the senfit p100 relabeled?

It's a tough choice between the senfit and the sensorcon inspector. I like the waterproof, speaker settings, mute function and Adjustable alert levels features of the sensorcon.
    The senfit vibration, audio, and visual notifications are very nice. I wish it were waterproof and mute feature. It looks like a great tool for sure. Their other products look very well made as well I must say. I may have to get their combustible gas detector.

Tough choice...I may just have to get both to see which I like best and hand off the other to anothe tech...

Post Likes
    The CO angel can be muted, but only for 5 minutes or so, then it is beeping again.

Post Likes
    Sensorcon just came out with a new model that has programmable alarms, so you can set it to give you as much/little protection as you want.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Post Likes
    Co angel looks just like the sensorcon monitor.

Post Likes
    The T40 Rattler by Scientific Industries. From your description, this one may fit your needs, not sure about the silencing of the alarm though. Company issued this to all field techs at my shop.

Post Likes
    I got the sensorcon for $99 to try out before I try the senfit p100 monitor. Its a larger price difference so I don't wan to make a mistake if im not able to return on or the other.
    It seems like their aren't too many company's that actually make CO monitors but rather a few that just get rebranded for a bunch of different manufacturers.

I've come across a brand BW which I haven't found much info about....link
    http://www.amazon.com/BW-Technologie...rds=co+monitor

Its two reviews for this device aren't the best but I don't really trust many online reviews because most consumers aren't the sharpest tools in the shed... The reviews also seem like they are just nit-picking.

i'm sure I'll find out in a few days how this monitor works. i'm sure i'll get calls for CO alarms going off rather then these people calling the fire company.....they stay in the house when I tell them to go to a neighbors and call the fire Co. Plus, if their is high ambient CO, I'm NOT going into the house since I don't have SCUBA gear, and the fire co will have to be dispatched before I will go in to diagnosis a furnace or water heat problem.

I can almost always sell a CO monitor, vs, alarm, after a scare like they have. . I recommend it from day one, but no one seems to care about it until they almost kill themselves..

Post Likes
    Has anyone used the Macurco CM-1XLS Portable Carbon Monoxide Monitor?

This model has a adjustable low level alarm that can be set to 20ppm from 35ppm.

I’ve had the sensorcon inspector , T40 Rattler (broke the belt clip after two months), and the Sensit p100.

The Macurco CM-1XLS looks like a good alternative for the price but I have not used or know much about it except from what I read online.

Post Likes
    Macurco is a solid brand.
    Been in business for decades.
    Located in South Dakota.
    Good people.
    We’ve sold them for years with no issues I can recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bill Spohn
    President & CEO
    www.TruTechTools.com