Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cooling Off

Post Likes

Cooling Off

Found this fan restriction in AZ on a goodmen started from a bad drain line placement .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Bad drain line?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buford View Post
    Bad drain line?
    X2

Post Likes
    Picture would suggest it started with an obstructed metering device or partial loss of charge. I suppose it could be airflow as well and it froze back to the metering device...but I'd be popping the orifice out for a look before I walked away.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes
    It was shrubs in the drain line. It was at the end of summer right after flood condition monsoon storm . System is fine TXV was good as well as charge took half the day to defrost to but it has been fine ever since. I have a few more pics it was frozen all the way to compressor. The RV was encased in ice I felt like I was on a excavation lol.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackem688 View Post
    took half the day to defrost to but it has been fine ever since. I have a few more pics it was frozen all the way to compressor. The RV was encased in ice I felt like I was on a excavation lol.
    if you do something with the rv wires it would defrost in about 10 to 20 minutes. I do not know why people won't put a frozen indoor coil into the heat mode to thaw out instead of leaving it to do on it's own. Providing it is not straight cool.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackem688 View Post
    It was shrubs in the drain line. It was at the end of summer right after flood condition monsoon storm . System is fine TXV was good as well as charge took half the day to defrost to but it has been fine ever since. I have a few more pics it was frozen all the way to compressor. The RV was encased in ice I felt like I was on a excavation lol.
    Wha tev?
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

Post Likes
    wait are you saying shrubs in the drain line caused the unit to freeze up? And is the TXV in the picture you posted?

Post Likes
    I'm having trouble reconciling a plugged drain causing a frozen coil.

Post Likes
    X2, it still is not fixed! Never heard that story though!

Post Likes
    someone is going back on that one

Post Likes
    No guys nothing like that It was a personal friends house. I have a few more pix ill pose when I get a chance or even beater a video showing the unit raining after I shut down blower.

Post Likes
    Bad drain line caused the coil to freeze over? I'm not following, but I am intrigued. Please explain!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast