+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carrier Draft Inducer for a 58MCB100 10120

Post Likes

Carrier Draft Inducer for a 58MCB100 10120

How hard is it to replace? I have not replaced one on this model before. The instructions say to remove gas piping, burner box and manifold. They do not appear to be in the way of anything. Also, What sealant should I use? The local Carrier parts center said to use high temp silicone. They do not carry the recommend sealant. What do you use as the release agent? Any of the PAM products contain the ingredients they say should not be used? Any advice would be helpful.

Post Likes

Carrier Draft Inducer for a 58MCB100 10120

I've never had to re-gasket one one of these when replacing the motor. Removing the manifold may help you since you'll have more room, but I wouldn't remove the burner box. Keep in mind behind the motor are four long plastic spacers/legs that the screws go into. You'll need to re-use those. Also, the new motor doesn't come with the rubber cap for the unused drain port on the motor, so save the old one.

The collector box has a triangular opening, when you push the motor in place don't force it but it will seat in there. Be careful you don't pinch the pressure switch hoses under the motor.
    "We always fix it right the second time".

All posts are strictly my opinions and not those of my employer. I cannot make statements on behalf of my employer.

All advice posted by me is for educational purposes only, HVAC repairs should only be conducted by trained & qualified people.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dougfamous View Post
    I've never had to re-gasket one one of these when replacing the motor. Removing the manifold may help you since you'll have more room, but I wouldn't remove the burner box. Keep in mind behind the motor are four long plastic spacers/legs that the screws go into. You'll need to re-use those. Also, the new motor doesn't come with the rubber cap for the unused drain port on the motor, so save the old one.

The collector box has a triangular opening, when you push the motor in place don't force it but it will seat in there. Be careful you don't pinch the pressure switch hoses under the motor.
    Everything he said. And do the bottom screws first. Youll thank me later.

Post Likes
    I normally remove condensate trap. Never had an issue with which screw is installed 1st.

Post Likes
    If you've got skinny-ish fingers you'll be able to feel behind the new motor to feel if it's seated in the triangular groove.
    Use one hand to hold it in while the other turns a screw.
    You shouldn't need any sealant at all

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in