Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes

Post Likes
    Delta t good advice as usual. I would also add, maintenance on both the pool and the equipment needs to be followed. I have seen so called built up / homemade pool dehumidifiers, that in a very short period had destroyed the pool room. Are they planning on using a cover on the water surface when not in use?

Post Likes
    I'm Working on a pool room unit anyone know where to find info or about the company tempmaster?

Post Likes
    That system, most likely, is not a true pool room application but one made to act like one I'm betting. There was a company manufacturer called tempmaster that is now Wattmaster but has nothing to do with pool room systems. Pictures or application details would be interesting.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Why not a dry-0-tron by dectron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    It is a 27 year old pool room unit just spoke to my guy at water & energy. Climatemaster started as temp master. Found iom in his old files. I should be good now.

Post Likes
    Your natatorium should be designed as a system. A properly designed system will not only protect your building but will actually save you money. Most poorly designed, and or maintained pool rooms will destroy not only the equipment, but the building itself.
    A Dectron unit properly designed and installed will actually save money because 100% of the enrgy recovered from the pool evaporation can and should be used to heat the pool, instead of being wasted to the outdoor ambient through an air cooled condenser.

8. Likes throrope liked this post.
    Post Likes
    As always, very good replies in this thread. DeltaT has, IMHO, hit on one of the most important points. " Create a very close relationship with the pool dehumidifier that you have selected. Then follow their design advice to the "T" including and especially a sealed vapor barrier. This will relieve you somewhat of some of the liability when and if things go wrong..and they will."
    I am currently working on a unit that I have been responsible for, for the past 8 years. 2nd compressor failure in the past two years. With over 30 years in the field, current Mechanical license, I bowed my head in shame to learn that I had been charging the unit incorrectly. Tech support is there to help, and they will. Pool room dehumidification is definitely a specialized area. Maintaining mfg setpoints is critical to the operation of the equipment, comfort in the poolroom, and the integrity of the structure. Again, as DeltaT recommends, research the equipment, follow their instructions and don't loose their phone number.

Post Likes
    What pool water temp, air temp, spa, hot tub? With a "proper" natatorium system you can get the pool water heated by the "unit" for pretty much free w/ the recovered heat from the RH from the pool.Do it wrong and you will be responsible for the building structural damage caused by the moisture. Duct lay out is special, as are window placement in the walls, and fresh air. A HRV ductless split? I think not.

Post Likes
    New compressor, one txv, 3 way valve, solenoid, refrigerant leak, and completely rewire after years of electricians And various other hands on it. It is running great. It is a true pool room application.

Post Likes
    You may come in handy...
    Online calculation of moisture exudation, draining and ventilation of a pool

Pool Ventilation

Post Likes
    I have been called in on a Dessert air system for an enclosed pool.
    To the best of my knowledge this system had been designed for the application and installed correctly.
    The new owners of the house have no history though and I found the water supply lines from the pool cut and disconnected.
    I checked for refrigerant and it is charged leading me to believe the water cooled condenser was/is not an issue.
    I reconnected the water lines and started the system up.
    It is running!
    What should I be looking for next?

Post Likes
    Correct setpoints and verify readings from sensors, proper maint and owner training.
    UA Local 32 retired as of Jan 2020

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast