Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    The best approach is to contact Tech support. Obviously, make sure you have the model and serial of the unit you are working on. I would also have a manometer because they will probably ask you to check the pressure drop across your coils.
    I have all my check point's and recommended values provided by Tech Support written down at my unit.
    "Close Enough" doesn't fly with these units.
    Good luck

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavisServicesLL View Post
    I have been called in on a Dessert air system for an enclosed pool.
    To the best of my knowledge this system had been designed for the application and installed correctly.
    The new owners of the house have no history though and I found the water supply lines from the pool cut and disconnected.
    I checked for refrigerant and it is charged leading me to believe the water cooled condenser was/is not an issue.
    I reconnected the water lines and started the system up.
    It is running!
    What should I be looking for next?
    The pool water supply/return lines are for heating the pool when a call for dehumidification is required and, typically, the Dessert air has only the secondary heating function with a separate boiler or heating system for primary source of pool water heating.

Unless there is an outside condensor for an A/C option the dehumidifier can not work as without the pool water connected the hot discharge gas has no where to go so the system will shut down on high head.

And there must be a balancing valve installed to bypass the dehumidifiers pool water heat exchanger as the systems are not built to handle the full GPM from the pool pump. And the balancing valve must be set to maintain a constant differential between the inlet/outlet of the pool water heat exchange.

The basic & main design for these indoor pool systems is for control of the humidity inside of the enclosed pool room. With the right unit they can also control the room temperature for heating & with the A/C option the cooling of the room. They also should influence the pool room by keeping a negative pressure in the pool room so gases/vapors don't enter the residence if it is attached.

So the more advanced indoor pool room systems dehumidify first, control the pool room air heat/cooling if included & use the compressor energy to heat the pool water. And the control system, especially the humidity sensor, is a very important part of the successful operation of these systems.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    And the thread was only started 5 year ago.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Poolpak +1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123