+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dehumidifier for pool room help

Post Likes

Dehumidifier for pool room help

Hello all

Working on a quote for a new system for a customers pool room. Be our first pool design, appreciate any help. Supplier quoted us a Desert Aire LC-02 dehumidifier, package system heating, cooling, and dehumidification $ + just for the equipment or option 2 a NuAir600 HRV system around $, and then we install a ductless split.

HUGE price difference obviously, operating costs the same. So will ither system do the job? Any help on this pool design system greatly appreciated
    Last edited by beenthere; 11-06-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Post Likes
    If you mean indoor pool..Desert Aire.

Post Likes
    How many sqft. of water and the climate?
    Regards tb
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Yes indoor pool. Why Desert Aire? I'm wanting to know why, and is Desert Aire a better system? Will a HRV and a ductless work?

Post Likes
    Definitely take a serious look at this.

http://www.poolpak.com/
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Post Likes
    If less than a 1,000 sqft of pool surface consider the Hi- E Dry Vehere pool dehumdifier. It is the highest efficiency pool dehumidifier at 6 lbs. of dehumdification per KWH.
    http://www.thermastor.com/HI-E-DRY-195/
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy

Post Likes
    A pool room is a very corrosive environment. Just anything won't work. I've seen the plating eaten off faucets. I'd question the mini-split coil holding up. Anyone had experience with this?
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

8. Likes throrope liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Most likely would fall to peices fast in a closed in pool room.
    I have a standard Carrier RTU someone put in for the pool room at a fitness club. The unit is a couple yeas old. This past summer the blower motor mount broke down to the point that the entire motor broke loose and went bouncing around the blower compartment while it was still running. I got it running, but there's not much left of the inside of the unit. It'll be replaced this winter.

Post Likes
    The chlorine from the pool will eat a system up. What equipment do you have dealership with? Talk to them. They may have options for that enviroment. I know the equipment we sell on the hvac side can build about anything... but you HAVE to let them know the enviroment conditions.

A slave to the great and powerful "product"

I can't fix it if it won't stay broke..

Post Likes
    If you use adequate exhaust ventilation to maintain low CL2 levels inside the space, equipment will not corrode.
    Regards TB

Post Likes
    In that case you have to add in the extra load of the make up air for the exhausted air.

If that is the case, why not just install a MUA unit that can cool the incoming air that replaces the exhausted air? Would be no different that a commercial kitchen MUA unit and then the chlorine wouldn't be a problem.

A slave to the great and powerful "product"

I can't fix it if it won't stay broke..

13. Likes rgatlin liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Create a very close relationship with the pool dehumidifier that you have selected. Then follow their design advice to the "T" including and especially a sealed vapor barrier. This will relieve you somewhat of some of the liability when and if things go wrong..and they will.

A specialty built indoor pool room dehumidifier/heat pump with secondary pool room heat is a completely different machine then mini splits, which will not last nor will they do the job, and the inner workings of the specialty system will contain coating/materials made for the pool room environment.

You mention no cause as to primary pool water heat from a boiler of from the pool dehumidifier. Different systems have different priorities. There are system that are designed to heat the pool water while dehumidifying. And there are systems that only heat the water while in the dehumidification mode. You need to plan for that.

Analyze all the different makes available. All have their pluses and minuses. None are really "the best on the market" simply because many are installed incorrectly. With the A/C function you also have another layer of complexity. The owners need to known of the additional install cost and operational costs.

In your area of the country the optional A/C mode is not always necessary.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    If you use adequate exhaust ventilation to maintain low CL2 levels inside the space, equipment will not corrode.
    Regards TB
    The idea behind specific pool units is to not introduce an excessive amount of OSA. The often drier air increases evaporation and in turn lowers pool water temp and brings on the heater which increases evaporation and on and on.
    Before pool units were available the pool rooms used 100% OSA and cost enormous bucks to operate.

I remember an architect that had a design to introduce indoor pool air to the house for the humidity. Within six months the chrome was coming off the faucets.
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

16. Likes throrope liked this post.
    Post Likes

Post Likes
    Delta t good advice as usual. I would also add, maintenance on both the pool and the equipment needs to be followed. I have seen so called built up / homemade pool dehumidifiers, that in a very short period had destroyed the pool room. Are they planning on using a cover on the water surface when not in use?

Post Likes
    I'm Working on a pool room unit anyone know where to find info or about the company tempmaster?

Post Likes
    That system, most likely, is not a true pool room application but one made to act like one I'm betting. There was a company manufacturer called tempmaster that is now Wattmaster but has nothing to do with pool room systems. Pictures or application details would be interesting.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Why not a dry-0-tron by dectron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    It is a 27 year old pool room unit just spoke to my guy at water & energy. Climatemaster started as temp master. Found iom in his old files. I should be good now.

Post Likes
    Your natatorium should be designed as a system. A properly designed system will not only protect your building but will actually save you money. Most poorly designed, and or maintained pool rooms will destroy not only the equipment, but the building itself.
    A Dectron unit properly designed and installed will actually save money because 100% of the enrgy recovered from the pool evaporation can and should be used to heat the pool, instead of being wasted to the outdoor ambient through an air cooled condenser.

24. Likes throrope liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in