Post Likes

User introductions forum is hidden and locked

Hey Dad,

I just registered and the link in the registration email pointed me here: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdispla...QUESTIONS-HERE!!

However, I can't post there, and that section does not have an incoming link from the parent forum. Am I crazy or is this intentional?

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Thanks Dad.

Also, I come from another forum that uses a built-in "thanks" system, which really engenders a community spirit, in my opinion. Any chance we could get something like that here?
    I suppose there are considerations besides just turning it on, since this place is huge - much larger than the little place I'm from.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rjk_cmh View Post
    Thanks Dad.

Also, I come from another forum that uses a built-in "thanks" system, which really engenders a community spirit, in my opinion. Any chance we could get something like that here?
    I suppose there are considerations besides just turning it on, since this place is huge - much larger than the little place I'm from.
    Would you mind explaining what the "thanks" system is.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    Would you mind explaining what the "thanks" system is.
    Well basically each post has a button to click that says "Thanks" and then the post shows a list of "The Following X Users Say Thank You to <member> For This Useful Post:"

When you see a post with a whole swarm of "thanks" listed under it, you know it's gotta be a good one that shouldn't be missed. The following link is an example of a thread on another forum that has a lot of thanks:

http://www.rdforum.org/showthread.ph...l=1#post490643

If you scroll down just a bit, you will see the list of users on the bottom of the first post.

Post Likes
    That's not hard to set up. Reputations aren't hard to set up either. We are limited in how much IT time we can use and direct to a project. We have a long list waiting including upgrades that must come first.

Thanks... for the comments.