Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Looks like the yellow jacket man tooth does about the same as the sporlan Smart tool.for half the price.I also like that the Sporran has an access port to add freon.Any feed back on what you guys think is best.I have an i manifold,which I think does more,however it also costs more.Still learning about it,So Mantooth may come later!!!

Post Likes
    I have only used it 1 time on a Scotsman 500 ice machine. My experience with it was positive. I will say that I wish I knew about the newer model with the heads not tied together. I can fix that if I want to buy a single unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furlo View Post
    Any good reviews ?

Post Likes
    I don't think any of them have a charging port. From all the videos and online specs I have seen, you have to add your own tee for a charging port. I think they are trying to keep them as small and portable as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    Looks like the yellow jacket man tooth does about the same as the sporlan Smart tool.for half the price.I also like that the Sporran has an access port to add freon.Any feed back on what you guys think is best.I have an i manifold,which I think does more,however it also costs more.Still learning about it,So Mantooth may come later!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Meebley View Post
    I don't think any of them have a charging port. From all the videos and online specs I have seen, you have to add your own tee for a charging port. I think they are trying to keep them as small and portable as possible.
    Each mantooth tansducer has a port with a Shrader for charging or whatever

Post Likes
    Looks like a better design than the Sporlan one. Better price too. What will not be connected to our phone in the future?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Furlo View Post
    Any good reviews ?
    Sorry, they keep posting new threads on this product because it essentially sucks.

In a nutshell:
    1. the device will not fit on many systems(residential experience here)
    2. the device does not automatically connect to your app, but you need to follow a painful eight step procedure, including zeroing the device each time, unhooked from the system
    3. If you lose bluetooth connection, which is typically 25 feet, you get to go through the painful hook up procedure again.

I gave mine away to my younger, more tech savy helper, who is a connoisseur of tools. He condemned it also.

If more people post their experience here, a new thread is sure to begin. The device really is not ready for prime time.

Post Likes
    The only time I used mine I had a positive experience with it. Time will tell, I don't have the Sporlan and don't like the looks of it or the Price.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseAir View Post
    Sorry, they keep posting new threads on this product because it essentially sucks.

In a nutshell:
    1. the device will not fit on many systems(residential experience here)
    2. the device does not automatically connect to your app, but you need to follow a painful eight step procedure, including zeroing the device each time, unhooked from the system
    3. If you lose bluetooth connection, which is typically 25 feet, you get to go through the painful hook up procedure again.

I gave mine away to my younger, more tech savy helper, who is a connoisseur of tools. He condemned it also.

If more people post their experience here, a new thread is sure to begin. The device really is not ready for prime time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    The only time I used mine I had a positive experience with it. Time will tell, I don't have the Sporlan and don't like the looks of it or the Price.
    So the hook up to the app is a positive experience, to be repeated up to 12 times a day?

Post Likes
    I had a problem till I figured out the setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseAir View Post
    So the hook up to the app is a positive experience, to be repeated up to 12 times a day?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    I had a problem till I figured out the setup.
    Sorry an eight step process to connect is not acceptable.

If you used this thing up to eight times a day, relying on it to make you more efficient , it is a clear loser.

If you used it once, I can see how you might like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I've been using the Mantooth daily for the past few weeks and for the most part I like it. The app can be finicky connecting sometimes but part from that and the stupid name I find it really useful. Hopefully Yellow Jacket will come up with a good app update.

12. Likes lytning liked this post
    Post Likes
    Suction temperature clamp size restrictions require a larger strap on temperature probe. This is not yet available, as far as I have seen. Otherwise it's a good product. Works well.
    The guys complaining about "Having to zero out your gauges before every use", shouldn't this be common practice with a digital gauge?

Post Likes
    One of my co-workers bought the mantooth, the kit that comes with 2 single units in it. He showed me the other day a couple of problems.

#1 The plastic housing by the 1/4" connection port has cracked on both units from refrigerant blowing onto the plastic. He has to put a rag over each unit when removing them now.
    #2 in conjunction with #1 the micro USB socket is right next to the 1/4" connection port so it will get gas and oil blasted into it, which will I'm sure will ruin the USB sockets over time.
    #3 While he can connect one unit fairly easily, connecting to both units at the same time to get dual readings is almost impossible.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast