Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Trend Iq3 Problem

Hi dear.
    Some of our controllers have firmware version 1.1 or 1.3; then they have problem: the problem is that they can't upload & download;
    A white screen comes in; instead of web page controller. In this case; the controller pinged. Ip settings can be done by ip tool; in this case the controller errors with null down iq3 in the middle of the process therefore the reset process can't be completed.
    Furthermore for updating controller to version 2.31controller has encountered error and the error is 《login user/password》
    Is not the way to resolve the problem without Username and password do I upgrade? Or if you think there's a better solution, please help me.

thank & regard.

Post Likes
    I believe from memory that on the earlier outstations it was possible to destroy an IQ3 if the firmware upgrade was interrupted during its process. I know this happened to me on an early version of SET with IQ3.
    The later firmware program seems to run very well and I have not had any problems of late.

With the user/password problem I seem to remember that you could put anything in, it shouldn't affect the IQ3 strategy users if they are configured.

Keith

Post Likes
    Better be careful or you will hose it up.

use IQ3 / guest for the user name password on the firmware upgrade. I would take the unit to v2 before going all the way to v3. Seems to me v2 improved the bootloader and made the whole process alot more successful.

I would also directly connect to the controller and set both the PC and controller with static addresses.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    <use IQ3 / guest for the user name password on the firmware upgrade>
    I tried it but i have problem with it yet...
    I attached some pictures for you.would you please see them and help me...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    Is there a reason your backing up the strategy? Its going to be useless as far forward your attempting to go.

You will need to upload, convert for the new firmware, and download. This backup utility (useless) will load the old files that will not run on the new firmware. The controller is just going to puke when it tries to fire up that program complied for old firmware.
    Last edited by orion242; 10-02-2014 at 10:40 PM.

Post Likes

Confused

I tried it so many times...
    (advanced settings>backup type=none & upgrade type=firmware only) (I tested the selected files "appBL78-JTAG.S19 & app-bl-upgrade.S19" but does not have any response to me)

Post Likes
    The version of my firmware is 2.31 "that I want to upgrade my Controller with it"

Post Likes
    I would get the local Trend guy out there to fix it at this point. Continuing to mess around with it is likely going to turn it into a paper weight.

Post Likes
    i rake up this thread because i have iq3 and an issue with it.
    my hvac is run by iq3 but i suspect that the installator didn't put function to control the honeywell actuator of the hot water circuit of the radiator.
    I have only seen a switch that can fix the valve to 30% or shut it off.
    how can i see if there is a function to control the actuator with 0-10V signal?
    I have access through ethernet interface to the iq3
    thanks in advance
    Marco, Italy

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lambrusco View Post
    I have only seen a switch that can fix the valve to 30% or shut it off.
    how can i see if there is a function to control the actuator with 0-10V signal?
    Bit of a headache to do this through the web pages, but it can be done. If you click on modules at the top, then drivers on the side it will show all the outputs setup in the program. Find this hot water valve and click on its number, D1, D2, D whatever.

In the properties it will have the source listed which is the block upstream of the driver sending it the signal. It might be F33S for example. That would be function block 33, so to track down that one, click on functions find #33 and see what that does and what its connected to. Rinse, wash, repeat. Your basically mapping out the blocks and connections by hand. Tedious, but possible.

From what your saying, it might be there are only 3 blocks. Switch, gate and driver. That wouldn't take long to sort out.

Post Likes

screenshots

Name:  Screenshot (8).jpg
Views: 70
Size:  48.2 KBName:  Screenshot (9).jpg
Views: 72
Size:  43.0 KB

Thanks a lot orion242,
    as seen on screenshots the actuator is controlled by D3, but value is overriden at 30%.
    I tried to change override to NO but it seems not working, temp is under the set point but actuator doesn't open
    Function is F62D and to me it seems unable to control.
    Should i write a new function?
    Last edited by lambrusco; 10-08-2019 at 04:07 AM. Reason: more stuff

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lambrusco View Post
    as seen on screenshots the actuator is controlled by D3, but value is overriden at 30%.
    I tried to change override to NO but it seems not working
    You cannot change the override value within the driver because its connected to other blocks in the program. When W3 is true, the driver will be overridden to the value in K4. You can see these listed in the connection column. If nothing was there, you could set these in the driver, but because they are linked any value entered on that screen is overwrote by the logic.

When W3 is false then F62 is what is normally writing to that driver. That of course spider webs up further. Looking at F62, its a gate which acts like a relay. When D7A (which is the inverse of whatever is feeding into D7) is true, then the output of F62 is 0. When its false, the output of F8 is passed thru. Looks like its just an interlock with D7.

W3 should be off for automatic control. If its still not working, you going to have to travel further up the logic and see what F8 and upstream is doing.

Post Likes
    F62 is intelock free cooling so when W3 is false actuator is on zero and sets the shutters for free cooling, a sort of "summer mode".
    F8 is intelock antifreeze, so it probably closes the intake and stops motor.
    I suspect there's no function for automatic control of the actuator, maybe the installator wasn't enough skilled. :-)
    Is complicated to write a function that has for input room temp and output a proportional signal 0-10V for the actuator?
    Are there precompiled functions
    Thanks again orion for the time and the knowledge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast