Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nytech28 View Post
    am trying to join home advisor network for hvac service after getting all the requerments i would like to know what labor rate would be best and fair for me and customer, do i need to charge travel time can any one help or give good advice.thank you
    My guess is that you are new to this. Don't take that as an insult, but I think you have a rather steep learning curve in the beginning you'll need to get over. And it will be painful at times. If you want to get pricing, just call around to other shops in the area. But I'm guessing that home adviser network is looking for 25 - 30% cheaper than the going rate.

Post Likes
    We my be working on the same things (A/C and refrigeration), but the service that we provide can be very different. The guy that clips pigtails on flooded condenser control valves and installs fan cycle controls connected to the receiver king valve might seem cheaper than the guy who replaced the flooded condenser control valve.

When I first started in the HVACR service industry, I worked for a guy that first of all only did refrigeration to keep other companies out of the customer's place to protect the Air Conditioning service business, there. Second of all - the hourly labor rate was cheap, but he made up for it in the charges for parts.

I advertise that, you can pay me ONCE, or pay the other guy OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Post Likes
    Much better to charge high and give a customer a special" discount then to offer a cherap price and tack on additional charges. Eitherbway, it will be the same price, but, if the customer feels like he is special, he will call again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12