Post Likes

Question Trane literature requests

I've noticed a lot of guys requesting Trane manuals lately and it seems like someone is almost always willing to e-mail a copy out. I don't have a problem with that or anything, but what I would like to see is more an information exchange. I don't have anything to offer other than Trane manuals so if the guy requesting the info works for another vendor then perhaps he can offer some info of equal value. For instance, the company I work for just recently picked up a line of controls based on the Niagra framework. I have absolutely no training in Niagra, so if someone needs some Trane stuff and has training in Niagra then he could offer his manuals in exchange.

How does everyone feel about that?

Post Likes
    Just ask for what you need, someone on here will provide if possible, it operates more like a co-operative then a person to person barter. Contribute what you can and ask for what you need.

Kevin

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    You need to put email addy in your PROFILE
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    klrogers- I'll take that advice. Thanks

dandyme- I had no idea that my e-mail wasn't there. I thought I had taken care of that years ago. It's updated now.

Post Likes
    I love the sound of that. I have always been willing to help out by emailing info or mailing out CDS with literature or such....I always hope that others will help me out in a bind....

Post Likes
    Anyone looking for literature should put their e-mail addy in the profile. Many guys here are willing to help but do not want to make a 'public appearance' because of their employment or contractual agreements. If you make it easy for them to help you in a 'discreet' way you will receive all kinds of goodies.
    If I have something that you need and there is no e-mail address, .... you lose! It's not up to me to 'request' your address.

ps. Be courteous and don't ask a member 'by name' for literature, they may not want to be known as someone that hands out proprietary documents. There are many 'corporate' people that monitor this site. I have gotten phone calls and there was an address taken down from Yahoo because of this. Be discreet!!
    Last edited by dapper; 02-22-2008 at 06:45 PM. Reason: ps.