Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YJ-LTE

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I've had 1 of my G5 twins for at least 8 or 9 years and another for 5 years with pretty heavy use. I dropped one of them and broke the fan and that's the only problem I've ever had. It drinks liquid and breathes vapor. It's pretty obvious by looking at the inside of that YJ that the inspiration came from the appion G5 because the G5 is such a good pump. I will say it's kind of a pain to put the outer case back on once you take it apart because of the black rubber vibration pads.
    Those "pads" can certainly be a pain, although I've put together so many over the years I can do it with ease. Actually, we show the "trick" to it in this video... which, coincidentally, also shows all of the metal parts being discussed above:
    G5Twin Field Service Repairs

Post Likes
    Look, I loved the thing when it worked. Its the fastest I used. It sheered off two fans, the last time it did that I didn't hear it happen and let it run till it melted the valves. I'm glad the design keeps improving bc it needs it. I use my recovery unita about half or a third as much as an a/c company does so I guess I just expect them to last me longer than the g5 did. Plus I begged my boss to let me buy one instead of the promax's that our old school refrig tech used to buy. I used it about 6 times n sheered the first fan. No biggie. 2nd time didn't catch it n it was done. If I'm wrong about the mmetal, I'll absolutely correct myself. I might have a chance to get it Tues so I can tear back into it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksher View Post
    Took the case apart tonight and have good news: its all metal! Seems like it's quality. Here's some pics.

Notice the scratch I put on the cylinder to show it is metal not plastic:

looks exactly like a APPION G5 TWIN with parts in different places, but the electrical looks all the same, i'm sure the pistons, and rebuild kit is same as appion, which btw also works for the old good o'l blue machines, ProMax......single compressor obviously

Post Likes
    Have the pics, haven't had the time to get them posted. Will try soon.

Post Likes
    I've had no problems with the LTE. Plus, it can purge the refrigerant and has a nice liquid-filled gauge on the front.

Post Likes
    So what is the conclusion with this machine, buy or pass up?
    I've been wondering about the lte for awhile but can't find anyone that has used it in the field. I like Yellow Jacket tools I'm just hesitant to try something other than the Appion G5.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12