Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielandersen2 View Post
    He is famous now, thanks to youtube
    I cant explain how bad I want to tell nick and Christine how much this guy is costing them but as much as he drives me nuts I don't want to see him go. I like these threads more than his vids.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielandersen2 View Post
    He is famous now, thanks to youtube
    Ok so I have this theory...
    What if this is all some kind of conspiracy?

I think this guy is a pro who is faking it to get more hits on his YouTube vids.

One day he was online, laughing his @$$ off at some morons DYI video and then thought to himself; "how funny would it be to post some really bad vids of myself and then watch the reaction from the guys online."

I haven't seen all the videos but does he ever show his face?

He tells his audience (supposedly Nick) a lot of info that nick would already know. I.e. Previous conversations that the two have had.

It's impossible at this point for him to not be aware of his YouTube fame, and yet he hasn't reacted to it at all.

It seems to me that the quality of the video production its self (editing and he didn't start out with a go pro) is improving with each video. The videos started getting the recognition he was hoping for and thus justified further investments.

Just a theory

Post Likes
    His real name is paul theuer, he is not an HVAC professional... Obviously

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by samgevas View Post

I think this guy is a pro who is faking it to get more hits on his YouTube vids.

One day he was online, laughing his @$$ off at some morons DYI video and then thought to himself; "how funny would it be to post some really bad vids of myself and then watch the reaction from the guys online."

He tells his audience (supposedly Nick) a lot of info that nick would already know. I.e. Previous conversations that the two have had.

It's impossible at this point for him to not be aware of his YouTube fame, and yet he hasn't reacted to it at all.

It seems to me that the quality of the video production its self (editing and he didn't start out with a go pro) is improving with each video. The videos started getting the recognition he was hoping for and thus justified further investments.

Just a theory
    I first thought it must be some kind of gag-- a parody or satire of hvac techs or something like that, but I cannot imagine anyone going to such great lengths. If it was one short video, maybe-- but for someone to spend as much time as he has it it doesn't make sense.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehno View Post
    And what kind of parts store closes at 4?
    Trane Supply in this are does.

Post Likes
    got a couple in my area that close by 4:30.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    got a couple in my area that close by 4:30.
    Guess they are free to open and close at any hours they choose, but I don't know of any here that close before 5 either.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    *sigh*

Congrats R.E. Michael.
    In defense of RE Michel, most supply houses will sell to HVAC pros, plumbers, electricians, "remodelers", GC's, and handymen. It's not the job of the wholesaler to measure someone's skill level and decide what he can and cannot buy. I know plenty of "licensed pros" that I wouldn't trust to walk my dog much less wire something for me. Yeah, the guy is a doofus, but how is that RE Michel's fault?

what kind of parts store closes at 4?

I like this guy. He's an idiot, and doesn't know what he's doing, but you can't fault him for trying. He seems honest and hard working. Just needs a little bit of knowlege
    Quote Originally Posted by cws110 View Post
    Guess they are free to open and close at any hours they choose, but I don't know of any here that close before 5 either.
    A lot of R.E. Michels close at 4:30. So does the Goodman store in our area.
    Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.

Statements made by me are strictly my opinions and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. I am not authorized to make any official statements on behalf of my employer.
    Any technical advice offered by me is for educational purposes only, all HVAC related repairs should only be attempted by qualified personnel.

Post Likes

The face of Nicks handyman.

Quote Originally Posted by samgevas View Post

Just a theory
    This video shows him riding his quad.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG7f...ZGu_1g7yNdn9Tg

Post Likes
    I pictured him much younger and with long hair...don't know why.

I have to believe Nick and Christina have a blast watching his videos and keep encouraging him to make them. As well as having someone on the cheap to look after some basic property matters. He probably just doesn't show the videos of him cutting the grass and they probably instruct him to call in pros if they get too nervous.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes
    If he keeps up this learning pace he'll be able to diagnose a 1000 ton centrifugal chiller and repair an ammonia refrigerant leak at the dairy plant before lunch time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dougfamous View Post
    In defense of RE Michel, most supply houses will sell to HVAC pros, plumbers, electricians, "remodelers", GC's, and handymen. It's not the job of the wholesaler to measure someone's skill level and decide what he can and cannot buy. I know plenty of "licensed pros" that I wouldn't trust to walk my dog much less wire something for me. Yeah, the guy is a doofus, but how is that RE Michel's fault?
    I don't think he was saying anything about the supplier except congrats on all the parts this guys gonna buy. Good for business

Post Likes
    I don't think he was saying anything about the supplier except congrats on all the parts this guys gonna buy. Good for business
    Oh, didn't think of it like that. I assumed it was a dig at them for selling to this guy.
    Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.

Statements made by me are strictly my opinions and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. I am not authorized to make any official statements on behalf of my employer.
    Any technical advice offered by me is for educational purposes only, all HVAC related repairs should only be attempted by qualified personnel.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast