Thread: System analyzer

Post Likes

System analyzer

While attempting to take sub cooling and superheat readings have getting erratic temp readings jumping around 10-35degress within seconds any way to calibrate or check out

Post Likes
    Did you send it in for service. I had the T2 port go out on me.

Post Likes
    While I haven't used the YJ analyzer, I have had K probes act up on me due to RF energy from cell phones and other sources.

Some of mine will get jumpy just before my phone rings.

Post Likes
    I like to know If more people have had this interference/temp fluctuation issue with their YJ DRSA? I just got a set for $620 to my door! I've used them only a handful of times and really like them and are the only DRSAs I keep in the hard case!
    I made sure i updated the firmware to most recent 1.11. It came with 1.06 from the factory and they were surprised that it had that firmware on them! You do have to contact YJ through the site and request the firmware update to get it.....seems odd you need to request updates. They so will send you the PC software for the logging feature use the device had. I highly suggest if you have firmware below 1.06 to update the firmware and refrigerant list. I wish they had thermisters instead of thermocouple temp clamps, but you can always get everything you want in a single product. I keep my cooper red & blue boxes huimidity/temp sensor/differential tools for double checking all my drsa's probe sensor accuracy and checking LLdilter drier temp drop with out having to use my DRSAs when logging pressures and SH/SC.

For some reason at a recent Carrier vna training class they told use to never zero your digital manifolds...??? I open my hose and manifold to atmosphere and zero before I connect to a system....I guess it's just out habit from using some of the the first DRSAs made. Carrier tech also dissed NCI Combustion anysis/ CO class which I completely disagree with. They just don't wa t you moving manifold pressure out of their specified specs even if the system operates better and safer!!! Who cares about those type of things! I Cant live with out DRSAs now! Only Got the analogs for burnout or "leak sealant fixed" systems and flr extreme emergency use. The leak freeze product was given a written ok by Fieldpiece use of the smans, but they are not my favorite brand/DRSA anyway. I know many love them so no need to start any arguments! Respect!'

I do for see the thermocouple connection on the YJs loosening up and becoming an issue in the future. (IMAO)
    Last edited by Nytefog; 06-27-2015 at 11:47 AM.

Post Likes
    I know this is a dumb question to most...but what is a DRSA ? I've been a tech for twenty years now and I am old school still, I dont use digital gauges..thanks in advance !!

Post Likes
    Digital Refrigeration System Analyzer

The term was coined by Doug Lockhart of Digi-Cool industries.

It has come to refer to any digital manifold gauge but it really isn't correct in that. DRSA refers to the Digi-Cool series of digital manifold gauges.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Low quality LED lights will cause problems with RF signals too.

Post Likes
    I have a YJ DRSA and I dont know about cell phone interference but I do have a problem where the temp will go all funky from time to time when clamped onto the copper on the system. It took me a long time and several warranty claims to only have the same problem to figure out the issue. I found that occasionally I will run into a system that will have a mild short in either motor windings, wiring, or even bare wire rubbing up against the foil backed insulation around the ductwork in the house paired with a bad ground to either the system or house allowing a small amount of milivoltage to trace back through my clamp and into the guages and cause a false reading. Though not the perfect temp but close enough to get the job done try putting just a single layer of electrical tape between the clamp sensor and copper. Im sure the problem will go away.