Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Manitowoc Series G Ice Maker Problem

Hello. I have a Manitowoc Series G (Model #: GY0404A) icemaker that is about 14 years old. It has worked fine until a couple of days ago when it stopped making ice. It appears that all the cycles of the ice making operation is working fine with the exception of the water freezing. The water tray drips water and it takes such a long time to make ice. Over the weekend, the machine managed to make only about 5-6 cycles of ice cubes. I would like to know what is the best way to remedy the problem. Any assistance is well appreciated. Thank you.

Post Likes
    Call a refigeration person

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    Call a refigeration person
    dito

Post Likes
    u guys are hard core. when i started in this field worked on mostly manis. i cant tell u how many e series peeling evap plates i changed. after repairs i watch an im at least 2 cycles time permitting 3. a series with the lp cut in and the time out. took forever. when the g came out it was the difference between the chevette and the corvette. i still have a place in my heart for the g. i know u guys are trying not to take work from guys but this "seems" like an easy fix. may i have a pass? jbb fv

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    "Easy for me
    Hard for you

close de door it's cold
    so-rite
    so-rite"

Why don't they ask for someone to come over and fix it?
    Something like the machine is at ___________ in ________ Who should I call?
    I say call Manitowoc they will give you some good phone numbers.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    LMGDAO, dude you have got NICE folks slamminyha to the street. Advice, run forest run!

THe amount of advic you seek is beyond this boards capacity in one day. Low charge, dirty cond, bad tev, bad headmaster, bla bla bla, you have an ice machine that won't freeze..... for lack og better terms, no greater level of stupidity has previously been exposed on this board!

Call a pro.

Post Likes
    sounds like you need a detailed cleaning by some one who knows what they are doing then if the problem is still present after cleaning they could fix it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by idontgetit View Post
    LMGDAO, dude you have got NICE folks slamminyha to the street. Advice, run forest run!

THe amount of advic you seek is beyond this boards capacity in one day. Low charge, dirty cond, bad tev, bad headmaster, bla bla bla, you have an ice machine that won't freeze..... for lack og better terms, no greater level of stupidity has previously been exposed on this board!

Call a pro.
    First of all, if I were a professional who knew more about the subject at hand, I would not even have bothered asking a question on this board. However, I'm just a do-it-yourself person who asked a seemingly simple question because I do not know as much as you so called pro's. Isn't that what a forum is for? Thanks for your reply but keep the useless replies to yourself.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by whywhy View Post
    First of all, if I were a professional who knew more about the subject at hand, I would not even have bothered asking a question on this board. However, I'm just a do-it-yourself person who asked a seemingly simple question because I do not know as much as you so called pro's. Isn't that what a forum is for? Thanks for your reply but keep the useless replies to yourself.
    You won't get any answers here, read the forum rules.......

NO DIY!!!!
    "The trouble with the world is the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt" -Bertrand Russell

Post Likes
    Sounds like the Flux Capacitor is worn.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchappa21 View Post
    Sounds like the Flux Capacitor is worn.
    Haha, but not as worn as your mom.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by whywhy View Post
    I would like to know what is the best way to remedy the problem. Any assistance is well appreciated. Thank you.
    The best way to remedy the problem is to call someone who knows how to fix it slick!

I can not run your establishment be it a store, hotel eatery, that is not what I do. I fix ice makers, I train others to fix ice makers, I do it by academics and hands on training, I can not teach it on an internet forum no more than you can teach me to run your business on one.

Don't like the response, consider a personal invite to screw your own equipment up royal so I am able to charge you not only for the repair of the original problem but the unqualified attempts as well, tis how I make a MINT in this business. I LOVE a DIY project, especially ice makers.

Fact is, by the time you are done, best advice for you is to buy a new one cause fooling about will cost nearly as much, just as if I were to enter into your profession with no clue, you would eat me alive.

Run forest.

Post Likes
    No idea where you are from but my most sound professional advice is to buy a new one, 14 years is a good run for a G series, even if you call a pro repairs ,cleanings with occur more often after 14 years of use

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast