Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 38
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    67
    Post Likes
    I don't even worry about them anymore. I just open the case look if they are in it, do what I have to do and close it back up. I don't get stung anymore so I don't kill them. I have seen some pretty funny things over the years that have to do with wasps and muddaulbers. But when they did for that matter most dish soap in hot water will kill them and that's what I prefer. . The most important thing is either reading the label to see if it is a conductor or being certain the power is off.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    8,096
    Post Likes
    Nu Blast, I took out a whole colony of YJ's. Stuff ain't cheap but you can get them from 20 feet.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    827
    Post Likes
    In a pinch.....I use a flame thrower. I'll burn the world down before I let one of those little f**k**s sting me. That may be a little over the top for some people. I HATE yellow jackets.


    Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Likes kamersoutdoor liked this post
  5. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Joliet
    Posts
    162
    Post Likes
    Nu Blast from Nu Calgon (Johnstone) is instant death even to the prehistoric sized hornets. The only time I ever used more than one can was at Circuit City (remember them?) because their roof had all those aerial brackets and clutter which provided a HUD for wasps, biggest communities I ever saw. Just don't get the spray on you or you will learn the definition of "organophosphate poisoning".

  6. #18
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    22,117
    Post Likes
    Name:  20160223_131722.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  230.5 KB

  7. Likes JohninJoliet liked this post
  8. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    8,096
    Post Likes
    Been doing that for years. You can knock them out of the air at 20 feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohninJoliet View Post
    Nu Blast from Nu Calgon (Johnstone) is instant death even to the prehistoric sized hornets. The only time I ever used more than one can was at Circuit City (remember them?) because their roof had all those aerial brackets and clutter which provided a HUD for wasps, biggest communities I ever saw. Just don't get the spray on you or you will learn the definition of "organophosphate poisoning".

  9. #20
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    22,117
    Post Likes
    Target practice. And you get paid to do it !!


    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Been doing that for years. You can knock them out of the air at 20 feet.

  10. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    827
    Post Likes
    Those fuses and everything inside better be good cause the only way I'm going inside is with dynamite.


    Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    8,096
    Post Likes
    NU Blast to clean it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalman0880 View Post
    Those fuses and everything inside better be good cause the only way I'm going inside is with dynamite.


    Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Name:  20160223_131722.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  230.5 KB
    How do they not arc out



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Joliet
    Posts
    162
    Post Likes
    Low dielectric bugs, or they have luck we wish we had!

  14. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post
  15. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    39,749
    Post Likes
    Electricity travels through living organisms due to water content... water conducts electricity.

    Electricity can travel through a rat that crosses the wires...
    Yet not do well through half a dozen bees side by side.

    I have not had a wasp infested disconnect in a while...
    Hope that is not a bad omen...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

  16. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In the Conservatory with a Lead Pipe
    Posts
    15,588
    Post Likes
    Got hit twice on the neck last year. the nest was under a ladder rung from one roof to the next. I bang the S out of ladders left on the roof now before I get on them lol.

    I was taking the long way around this one

    If you piss one off you piss them all off.



    I've used the soap thing before like spray bubbles. Works fine on a few. Knocks them down they can't breath and die

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •