Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

sporlands NI txv..

Can someone tell me why they came up with a valve that requires you pull the suction line off of to adjust the super heat??

and what real valve Ill need to replace the many NIV-1/2's that is littering the top of the 2 reach in's my customer has.

freon is 134a
    Let's give nukes a chance.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    Can someone tell me why they came up with a valve that requires you pull the suction line off of to adjust the super heat??

and what real valve Ill need to replace the many NIV-1/2's that is littering the top of the 2 reach in's my customer has.

freon is 134a
    Because they can.

I've seen those valves to many times. I like the screen inside a soldered inlet. Great just what I need.

I think it all canes down to $.

Post Likes
    to remove the suction line is a miserable job..theres maybe 8" of room between the evaporator and the inside wall...I wish I could talk to the designer of the box and txv...

Post Likes
    The "fix" for that is diagnosing a "bad" TEV and installing a standard body valve.

Eff that. It's not adjustable and you need a new one.

Post Likes
    god...I've done that for certain things that require more effort to try to fix it than just replace it with something easier to repair 'the next time'.. effing design engineers can kiss my tuchus....................and then kiss it again.........................

Post Likes
    god...I've done that for certain things that require more effort to try to fix it than just replace it with something easier to repair 'the next time'.. effing design engineers can kiss my tuchus....................and then kiss it again.........................and don't even get me started on the architechural aspect of things, where jim bob thinks it's ok to put a condensing unit in some damn place where you have to hang on to a ladder with one hand and do the repair with the other......dang college idiots, should have to do at least one year in the field.....

Post Likes
    OMG you won't believe where some of the condensing units are that I work on..

Post Likes
    It is not the design engineers you should blame. It is the commodity managers. They are the ones that insist on TXV pricing going down every year, and value upfront cost before all else.

Post Likes
    commodity managers need to set the superheat on these then..I called sporland this morning and asked for a REAL replacement valve number. Hope what I get is what I need...

Post Likes
    Actually, many OEMs want their TEVs factory set according to their specification, but also don't want technicians to have the ability to change that factory adjustment.

This valve satisfies both requirements.

So, it's not about the budget and it's not about some stupid engineer. It's really about the numerous techs who don't understand TEVs, and the OEMS feels more secure knowing the valve setting likely won't be altered from the factory setting.

Post Likes
    then they should put in a cap tube..

Post Likes
    Almost all automotive TXVs are like that too. They're not meant to be adjusted.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    Actually, many OEMs want their TEVs factory set according to their specification, but also don't want technicians to have the ability to change that factory adjustment.

This valve satisfies both requirements.

So, it's not about the budget and it's not about some stupid engineer. It's really about the numerous techs who don't understand TEVs, and the OEMS feels more secure knowing the valve setting likely won't be altered from the factory setting.
    This is so true outside of Walk Ins and Supermarkets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast