Post Likes

Tube Deburring Techniques

This clip provides an in-depth look at the deburring process and addresses proper technique, tools and safety while deburring.

Post Likes
    I was asking some of the other techs in the company if they deburred, some actually asked "what for?"

Sent from my van

Post Likes
    If you're very careful with your tubing cutter, you might be able to get away without deburring.The main reasons for deburring are to make a nice smooth flare surface and to remove any loose pieces of copper so they don't get into the system.

Post Likes
    I'm well aware, some techs don't seem to get it though...

Sent from my van

Post Likes
    .....hoping the video helps them to understand the need. Thanks for your support.

Post Likes
    I always only cut through my tube 3/4 of the way ,,, I was trained this way in 1st year & it has stuck ever since...

This way your cutting wheel is not forcing the burr inside the tubing ,, I can then just brake my tube off....

I still de-burr to get a nice edge , but I do believe it takes less off the wall too...
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Post Likes
    I would think you take a chance on flattening the pipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by fridg View Post
    I always only cut through my tube 3/4 of the way ,,, I was trained this way in 1st year & it has stuck ever since...

This way your cutting wheel is not forcing the burr inside the tubing ,, I can then just brake my tube off....

I still de-burr to get a nice edge , but I do believe it takes less off the wall too...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    I would think you take a chance on flattening the pipe.
    You get to know when it's easy to snap ,,, most times I pull up short & can't snap it ,,,, so a bit more cutting & it snaps like a hot knife through butter...
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.