Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

cleaning vacuum guage sensor

What should be used to clean the vacuum gauge sensor.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    alcohol, go to yellow jackets site, and they have a tech tip video on it

Post Likes
    http://www.yellowjacket.com/product/640
    Click on the "videos" link at the bottom of the page ad you'll see the video on "How to Clean Your Sensor."

Post Likes
    Well,I didn't watch the videos and I spun the four pins broken as well as the 6 color coded wires.I should be able to solder it all back together if you can give me a diagram.This is model 69075.Thanks in advance
    Mike Flood
    Last edited by mpflood; 05-20-2014 at 06:15 PM. Reason: model#

Post Likes
    Methylated spirits are used for cleaning the CPS brand...

Pour some in the cap & pour it in the port connection until it comes out...
    Give it a bit of a swish around ,, then turn the gauge upside down & wait for the spirit to dry out.....

The reason to use methylated spirits is that it will evaporate...
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Post Likes
    The sensor on the 69075 is cleaned differently than the sensors in the video. This sensor is a different design. You would still use an eye dropper to put isopropyline alcohol or denatured alcohol into the tube, but instead of putting your finger over the fitting and shaking, you would swirl slowly then pour out the oil, repeat a couple times, then let dry out in upright position.

Part number 69073 is the replacement sensor for the 69075. If the top part of the sensor was twisted, it will need to replaced.

The 69075 sensor pulls off from the cap at the end of the cord, it does not twist off. If the wires under the cap need to be re-soldered, below is the locations and colors.

Terminal 1- Black and White wires together
    Terminal 2- Empty
    Terminal 3- Green
    Terminal 4- Empty
    Terminal 5- Red
    Terminal 6- Empty
    Terminal 7- Blue and yellow together
    Terminal 8- Empty

Post Likes
    Thank you,sir.I'll look into this tonight and report back.Have a good,safe day,all

Post Likes
    Rubbing alcohol isn't really effective on oil. If you were to mix isopropyl alcohol and mineral oil in a clear container, you'll see that they mix. I recommend CRC MAF cleaner. It's rather expensive, but it dissolves oil good and it is meant specifically for delicate components. I think it was close to $10 at Autozone.

Rx-11 does everything it does, but this stuff doesn't attack plastic parts.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanHas View Post
    Rubbing alcohol isn't really effective on oil. If you were to mix isopropyl alcohol and mineral oil in a clear container, you'll see that they mix. I recommend CRC MAF cleaner. It's rather expensive, but it dissolves oil good and it is meant specifically for delicate components. I think it was close to $10 at Autozone.

Rx-11 does everything it does, but this stuff doesn't attack plastic parts.
    It seems that Accutools(BluVac) doesn't agree with as rubbing alcohol is the suggested cleaner and also Appion suggests the same for cleaning its CRTs.
    Bill

Post Likes
    All sensors are made differently and will require/recommend different cleaning methods. Stick to what is recommended by the manufacture.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wptski View Post
    It seems that Accutools(BluVac) doesn't agree with as rubbing alcohol is the suggested cleaner and also Appion suggests the same for cleaning its CRTs.
    Quote Originally Posted by eric1589 View Post
    All sensors are made differently and will require/recommend different cleaning methods. Stick to what is recommended by the manufacture.
    Yellow Jacket's video shows you two methods. Using cordless tool cleaner , 3-6 times vs 6-12 times with alcohol.
    That stuff is practically the same as MAF cleaner.
    Rubbing alcohol is 30% water and it is even less effective at removing oil.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanHas View Post
    Yellow Jacket's video shows you two methods. Using cordless tool cleaner , 3-6 times vs 6-12 times with alcohol.
    That stuff is practically the same as MAF cleaner.
    Rubbing alcohol is 30% water and it is even less effective at removing oil.
    I's all about harshness of the cleaners used which governs the amount of cleaning cycles needed. I'm no chemist but the msds sheets clearly show that CRC MAF cleaner and Pasolade Cordless Tool Cleaner do not contain the same chemicals.
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast