Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Likes
    Yea......what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I just ordered the Appion valve core remover tool from a seller on Ebay, was curious if I should be able to remove the cores from a live pressurized 410A system and the close off valve be able to hold the refrigerant in?!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DPeoples View Post
    I just ordered the Appion valve core remover tool from a seller on Ebay, was curious if I should be able to remove the cores from a live pressurized 410A system and the close off valve be able to hold the refrigerant in?!
    Yes, check the plunger that grabs the schrader on a couple different schraders before trying it live. I've had trouble with mine grabbing the core properly so I always use my YJ plunger to remove/install the schraders under pressure.

Post Likes
    It will if there is room to use the dang thing. Make sure you have a back up plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by DPeoples View Post

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    It will if there is room to use the dang thing. Make sure you have a back up plan.
    I have had that challenge on Rheem/Rudd units. For the most part you always need a back up plan when you remove a core. Worse case is you have to recover through the side port if you cannot get the core out or it breaks. It does happen, but not often.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    My appion av760 it only goes down to 43 and that sounds like a internal leak?

Post Likes
    If these are the valves you are talking about the valves and tool are made by JB industry and that whole thing i am holding in the picture is what you have to change. I just pump down ad a few psi refrigerant and change it real quick. The tool is 500$
    They are called Core Max.
    Quote Originally Posted by westshore View Post
    Can you tell me who makes this tool and where you got it? I believe my Waterfurnace Geo unit has these cores and I need to remove them for an evacuation.

Also if you know who sells the cores.

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345