Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quick response. They got back to me 30 minutes after I sent email. New stems on the way. Thank you Appion.

Post Likes
    Just a follow up with mine. I emailed Appion last Tuesday, they responded within 30 minutes saying they are shipping me two new stems, two days later they were in my mailbox. Just used them yesterday. So nice not to have to fight with them (The stems and the valve cores) anymore, they work great.

Post Likes
    I love my Appion Twin Recovery Machine. Do you carry a subcooler like the CPS MT69? I was told that it really helps with HP refrigerants especially R410A.

Post Likes
    Got my today too. Will try them this week. Thanks for the info

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    WHo told you that it helps?
    Quote Originally Posted by MechTech2013 View Post
    I love my Appion Twin Recovery Machine. Do you carry a subcooler like the CPS MT69? I was told that it really helps with HP refrigerants especially R410A.

Post Likes
    HVAC Tools: Recovering R410A with MT69 Molecular …: http://youtu.be/5EwWzKllepI

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    A sub cooler would help any recovery unit but
    From the video it looks like it is required if you are going to get the CPS recovery machine.
    He said he was cutting out on a simple job with normal ambient temp with out the ice bath. What a pain that must be.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Appion-ChrisP View Post
    The trouble here is the lack of standardization of the pin-tip of the valve core. If we make the tool "loose" enough to catch worn, corroded, and oversized pins, then the tip won't always remove cores when the system is NOT under pressure.

We have a range of valve cores that EVERY tip is tested on, and the tip has to grab the core on the first try to pass the test. Either you have a "new" tool from old stock, or the valve cores you are working with are of a shape or condition we couldn't account for.

One thing to try is to put a drop of clean vacuum pump oil in the hole at the end of the tip, and then put a valve core into the tip to work the oil into the gaskets. If this doesn't improve the function on new valve cores (that is, corroded cores are problematic no matter what), then send me a message and we'll get you taken care of.
    How do we now if we are getting new tool from new stock?

what do we look for at the supply house to see if we are getting the latest version?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thethomas4 View Post
    How do we now if we are getting new tool from new stock?

what do we look for at the supply house to see if we are getting the latest version?
    This issue was solved almost 2 years ago, but some wholesalers may have not been selling the oldest stock first. In any event, if you do find one of the old ones, we'll still take care of you without hesitation.

Post Likes
    I put the valve cores back into a system the other day and I had to use an extreme amount of force to get the tool to release from the core...... everything turned out ok.... in that I didnt rip the valve core back out..... but still it just wasnt right.

Imagine a system full of refrigerant and you end up ripping the core out...... you would about be stuck leaving the old appion on the port...... which wouldnt be bad if you could charge the customer for it.... but still... gonna be a hard one to explain.

I just bought my appions from Johnstone.... and I have a third one I got off the net that I have not tried yet.

hmmm, sitting here at my desk the third appion I have will not drag the core out.... of a fitting NOT under pressure..... but it will reinsert it without me having to strain myself to get the tool to release...

Might have to compare the plungers today on my other two.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    I've wondered about that too
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I got tired of fooling with it and just use my YJ plunger, it works everytime. Well, except for those weird valve cores on goodman packs I just pull a vac the old fashioned way on those. Why does goodman use that type of valve core?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles1 View Post
    I just ordered the special removal tool. Way overpriced just to remove/install a core.
    Can you tell me who makes this tool and where you got it? I believe my Waterfurnace Geo unit has these cores and I need to remove them for an evacuation.

Also if you know who sells the cores.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Appion-ChrisP View Post
    We are in the process of releasing new products this season, including the gauge shown here. It's doing what you see here... and more.
    So we talking
    Cooling Season?
    Football Season?.....
    Christmas Season?......

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast