Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    Yes those are annoying, that's the one I ran into on a York I did recently, just on the suction side though. I don't know why those are getting used.
    I don't either since they want you to pull a deep vac and don't give you enough warranty pay/hours to pull through the cores.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    I thought "those" cores had a special removal tool.
    They supposedly have a higher flow than a standard core if they were left in.
    They are a PITA IMO

Post Likes
    I have seen an Appion product similar to the micron guage but for pressure. Can we be counting on the release of those as well? I like what a saw.

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I thought "those" cores had a special removal tool.
    They supposedly have a higher flow than a standard core if they were left in.
    They are a PITA IMO
    Just to make sure we're on the same page, it's not the big cores with long stem like you see on commercial equipment, it's basically the same as a normal resi core but just a little thicker through the bottom and a slightly longer stem with visible spring.

Actually now I'm thinking that a normal core would probably thread into the same opening, I'm wondering if we can just pitch them and put in a standard core, I'll try that the next time I'm on one so I'm not taking a screw driver to my core tools and then having to squeeze them down again on the next one.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Ya that's the style not the big port.
    Good idea of just screwing a standard size in.

Post Likes
    I want one of there micron gauges also. When can we get one?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    Just to make sure we're on the same page, it's not the big cores with long stem like you see on commercial equipment, it's basically the same as a normal resi core but just a little thicker through the bottom and a slightly longer stem with visible spring.

Actually now I'm thinking that a normal core would probably thread into the same opening, I'm wondering if we can just pitch them and put in a standard core, I'll try that the next time I'm on one so I'm not taking a screw driver to my core tools and then having to squeeze them down again on the next one.
    I just ordered the special removal tool. Way overpriced just to remove/install a core.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Appion-ChrisP View Post
    The main things the maintenance video covers is proper attachments, closing the valve halfway during evacuation periodically, and an overview of the assembly for replacing o-rings. Also, our kits come with a diagram showing how to do the o-ring changes.
    How do I get the diagram? I ordered a couple of the o ring kits to have on hand but they did not come with a diagram and even emailed Appion asking about a diagram and was told you do not have one.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeH View Post
    How do I get the diagram? I ordered a couple of the o ring kits to have on hand but they did not come with a diagram and even emailed Appion asking about a diagram and was told you do not have one.
    The diagram was recently updated, so there may have been confusion there. We updated the diagram to make it easier to understand.

Email us and ask for the KTMV20 diagram/instructions, and we'll get it right to you.

Post Likes
    Hey Chris I emailed appion a while ago about my plungers not grabbing the cores on live systems and never got a response.... Should I just keep emailing? Or try calling???

I bought 2 of these back when they first came out and stopped using them on live systems because I couldn't remove the cores.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchappa21 View Post
    Hey Chris I emailed appion a while ago about my plungers not grabbing the cores on live systems and never got a response.... Should I just keep emailing? Or try calling???

I bought 2 of these back when they first came out and stopped using them on live systems because I couldn't remove the cores.
    There's no reason we wouldn't have responded, if we got your email. Make sure you are emailing Support - at - appiontools - dot - com. You could try calling too, but we are going to ask for proof of ownership... we'll make it simple for you. If you email that address, I see the emails, too.

Post Likes
    Ok, thanks email sent.

Post Likes
    I just sent one too about both of my CRT's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast